• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Space Brothers Manga to Bundle Planetarium Anime DVD

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Texas84

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:23 pm Reply with quote
I thought this said "Planetarian" and I almost had a heart attack.
B-503_MIA

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:59 pm Reply with quote
Best show on tv - animated or not... imho

it think it said plane-arium Laughing
dan9999

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:44 pm Reply with quote
B-503_MIA wrote:
Best show on tv - animated or not... imho

it think it said plane-arium Laughing

Best series of the year (2012 and counting) at the very least.

This is the kind of series that are worth it and someone can proudly mention as an example to love anime and why it rocks.
dtm42

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:58 pm Reply with quote
Space Brothers is good but it's simply too slow. Well, at least the Anime is. We're forty-one episodes in right now and yet the amount of material could have easily been covered in thirty. Heck, with a bit of effort twenty episodes would have been sufficient. Sometimes I get to the end of an episode and I'm surprised because almost nothing happened in it.
dan9999

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:58 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
Space Brothers is good but it's simply too slow. Well, at least the Anime is. We're forty-one episodes in right now and yet the amount of material could have easily been covered in thirty. Heck, with a bit of effort twenty episodes would have been sufficient. Sometimes I get to the end of an episode and I'm surprised because almost nothing happened in it.

Sure, because the result is awesome when an anime is rushed and cut things left and right indiscriminately.

Leave that to late night anime, that needs to fit into 13-24/26 eps, Uchuu Kyoudai thankfully does not need to suffer from that disease.

The pace is perfect for me, and a lot of things happen, all us fan always end up in highly anticipating the next ep, wont argue that you consider it slow, fortunately its success says otherwise, and for once, that success its well deserved and right.
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:01 am Reply with quote
dan9999 wrote:
Sure, because the result is awesome when an anime is rushed and cut things left and right indiscriminately.

I wasn't saying things should be cut, I was saying that filler shouldn't be added. This show is soooo stretched that it could have easily fit all of the material we've seen thus far into thirty episodes. I don't have to hear the same old themes repeated ad nauseam, or Shounen-style recaps every week.
dan9999

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:38 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
dan9999 wrote:

I wasn't saying things should be cut, I was saying that filler shouldn't be added. This show is soooo stretched that it could have easily fit all of the material we've seen thus far into thirty episodes. I don't have to hear the same old themes repeated ad nauseam, or Shounen-style recaps every week.

A problem of getting the wrong perception then. It has no fillers, everything is in the manga, and we have barely covered like 40% of current manga, so not its not adding anything, in fact few scenes omitted.

Not sure, if we are watching the same honestly, dont intend to argue, but, invoking shounen series diseases like indeed fillers a la naruto or bleach...well, honestly I dont see whats so repetitive or consitutes fillers, maybe you are referring to the supporting characters episodes and even then it was only an ep, or maybe the few eps which focused on the characters everyday life, honestly it helps to build the charterers, to know them, feel for them, etc.

Cant be helped, I wont argue further, if you dont like that much or at all, you dont and thats it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1