• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Animation Blu-ray Disc Ranking, January 14-20

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:44 am Reply with quote
Wow, Girls und Panzer still going strong
Ingraman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:49 am Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
Wow, Girls und Panzer still going strong

Copies are still trickling out into stores. I'm happy with its progress, and wonder how far it will go. Will production numbers be better for #2, or not until later?

Chuunibyou BD #2 (#1 on ANN's list) and Jintai BD #5 (#3) are in transit to me from Amazon right now, along with the Hyouka OAD BD and Kokoro Connect BD #4. I got my copy of Girls und Panzer BD #1 (#9) last month...

Two more BDs (Hyouka #8 and Library Wars) should ship out in a day or two.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:26 am Reply with quote
Girls und Panzer in the last week went back up to #1 on the Amazon charts after they opened up orders for shipments coming in late February... so theres still plenty of potential for its sales to go up. We probably won't see the extent of how well it'll sell until the 2nd volume goes on sale in late February as well. But at this pace, I'd say its safe to assume it'll be the 4th best selling title of the year, passing Horizon and Kuroko no Basket which both sold 22k. Everytime they actually make more available, they sell out almost instantly.. these 460 copies sold this week were sold out within 4 hours on Amazon.
DomonX2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Brave is honestly a weak Pixar movie, which is boring and not very entertaining, but it sells pretty decently. More than some domestic anime from Japan. I like Disney and Pixar, but I'm not going to blindly accept this weak movie and neither should the Japanese.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:57 pm Reply with quote
DomonX2 wrote:
Brave is honestly a weak Pixar movie, which is boring and not very entertaining, but it sells pretty decently. More than some domestic anime from Japan. I like Disney and Pixar, but I'm not going to blindly accept this weak movie and neither should the Japanese.

Too bad it'll win the Academy Award, because "Pixar Wins the Academy Award, unless it's Cars". Just by the virtue of not being Cars 3, Academy members will overwhelmingly vote for it above Wreck-it Ralph or ParaNorman. I'll certainly be surprised if either of those two take it.
BonusStage

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:04 pm Reply with quote
If you like awards you should check out the Japan Academy

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-01-22/one-piece-evangelion-wolf-children-momo-friends-earn-japan-academy-prize-nods

I trust Japan more to look at animation better Smile They seem more invested in it and their line up is a lot better.
DomonX2

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:43 pm Reply with quote
BonusStage wrote:
If you like awards you should check out the Japan Academy

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-01-22/one-piece-evangelion-wolf-children-momo-friends-earn-japan-academy-prize-nods

I trust Japan more to look at animation better Smile They seem more invested in it and their line up is a lot better.

Woah, woah, I may have said Brave was weak, but it's still better than anything One Piece can do. Also, there are times where Japan's choices for awards are just as bad as America's, if not worse. I.E Gundam SEED Destiny winning the 2005 Grand Prix, those god awful Zeta Gundam movies winning the Tokyo Anime Award, Lilo and Stitch winning the Tokyo Award for best foreign animation and f**king Cars.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1