• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Honey & Clover's Umino Illustrates Anne of Green Gables

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Animerican14

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:13 am Reply with quote
Whoa. Umino illustrating Anne of Green Gables? I only have the vaguest familiarity with that book, yet... it's seems to be such a fitting combination.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:47 am Reply with quote
Loguetown?

Nothing says children's novel like the main character about to be publicly executed.
lys

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:15 pm Reply with quote
The Anne cover is adorable! I'm a big fan of Umino-sensei's artwork, and I grew up loving L.M. Montgomery's books (I've still got a big collection of them)!! I kinda want to pick up this edition just for the pretty pictures. I'm also curious about the interiors—it looks like they've got another artist, Ono Tomoe (おのともえ), doing b/w illustrations to accompany the text. I rather wish it were more of Umino-sensei's art, but...
Chrno2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:39 am Reply with quote
Wow, really nice! Well, she can do it. I'm surprised that the states doesn't have many of these classic literary works. If Umino can make it work maybe we can get a release here introducing it those who are not familiar. I'd been curious about the series to see what made it such a special work. Considering Miyazaki worked on the earlier series back in the days. Then there are many references to it in later anime like 'R.O.D the TV'.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1