• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Naruto on YTV

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tache

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:49 am Reply with quote
I already knew this. They better get the uncut dub.
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:02 pm Reply with quote
I'm sure YTV will try to get the uncut dub. After all, they got the uncut dub of Gundam SEED when they could've gone with the "kid friendly dialogue" version. However, since Viz is going to be selling the edited version on video, I think that there's a good chance that they might decide to be malicious and only option the Toonami edited verison to YTV. That wouldn't really be fair, since the show is edited the US standards which are not necessary for YTV, but I'd really like to see them prove me wrong.

You can always e-mail YTV ([email protected]) about it, but hopefully there are still some Viz reps floating around taking notes. Either way, I think it's fantastic that we'll be getting this series almost exactly the same time as the US.
Pirons

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:02 am Reply with quote
Well, I e-mailed them asking what time it would be on and which version they got, this is what I got back:

The Auotmated Response wrote:
Thanks for writing in. At this time, our Fall Schedule has yet to be confirmed and we therefore aren't able to send it to you. However, if you'd like to check out some of the great new shows that we'll be adding to YTV in September, check out our parent company's site at http://www.corusent.com/fall/ytv_fall.html or write in and ask for an Anime Bulletin.

We'll be getting Naruto from Sho Pro/ Viz. At YTV, generally we air our programs in the format we receive them in from our distributor. However, from time to time our Programming Department will exercise the option to remove language or scenes that they feel are inappropriate from a program. Regardless of any viewer discretion advisories or a program's V-Chip rating, due to the make-up of some of our anime audience, we will sometimes deem it to be acceptable to remove the words or scenes in question from particular episodes. Since these decisions are made on an episode-by-episode basis when a show is airing, we don't yet know if any scenes of Naruto will be edited.

Regards,

YTV Viewer Relations Department
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:21 pm Reply with quote
This is great! YTV is getting 2/3 of the anime I wanted to see at the moment (too bad no FMA).

I can tolerate all kinds of dubbing, especially the bad ones. So, I can't wait for it!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1