• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: White Day Greetings — Anime Style (Part I)

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:53 pm Reply with quote
Gotta love how for the one piece section, smoker's the only one who looks straight out of one of the anime frames Laughing
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:40 am Reply with quote
I've heard some guys skipping town right about now. Laughing

See, it's because it's no longer about white chocolate anymore. (And it has to be white, so that ya can't just give the same Valentine's chocolate back! They don't want you re-gifting, even to different girls! Clever candy companies.) Now, ya have to give 3x the original cost! And it's no longer limited to choco - they expect ya to give back 3x the cost of something actually useful! Screw that. Razz
Banjo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:34 am Reply with quote
it doesn't hurt giving some present, chocolate or not. Cool
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:07 am Reply with quote
Banjo wrote:

It does when you're obligated socially to give it to anyone who gave you stuff on Valentine's Day. And they were obligated to do that just because, that's work they treat the holiday. I can see why people would want to skip out on this and skip out on getting invited to weddings.
panda_R_kawaii

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Nitro+CHiRAL posted up a special White Day wallpaper for their game DRAMAtical Murder re:connect: http://www.nitrochiral.com/game/dmmd_re/wallpaper/
and a short story on their staff blog: http://www.nitrochiral.com/staffblog/
Saturn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:41 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
I've heard some guys skipping town right about now. Laughing

See, it's because it's no longer about white chocolate anymore. (And it has to be white, so that ya can't just give the same Valentine's chocolate back! They don't want you re-gifting, even to different girls! Clever candy companies.) Now, ya have to give 3x the original cost! And it's no longer limited to choco - they expect ya to give back 3x the cost of something actually useful! Screw that. Razz
]

well that's not exactly a *new* thing... I don't remember when it wasn't 3x the amount that the man received.
configspace

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:32 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Highschool DxD

The anime celebrated Pi Day (also on 3/14) by asking people to answer a math problem: circumference divided by diameter.

I like how they use Rias' nips for reference. "What, us, troll? We're just celebrating pi day!" Laughing
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:16 am Reply with quote
If I were a good looking guy in Japan, I would take an out-of country vacation over V-day thru White day. Skip the whole thing.

Wink

(glad to be a woman in the USA. Hubby spoils me on V-day, even though I ask him not to.. )
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:33 am Reply with quote
Banjo wrote:

Yeah, try that with all the girls who gave ya giri-choco but each 3x their cost, and watch how the hurt piles up. Laughing

tuxedocat wrote:
If I were a good looking guy in Japan, I would take an out-of country vacation over V-day thru White day. Skip the whole thing.

Wink

(glad to be a woman in the USA. Hubby spoils me on V-day, even though I ask him not to.. )

Perfect for NTR. Laughing
Top Gun

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:38 am Reply with quote
Silly Japan, you have it backwards! A month ago was for the ladies, and March 14th is Steak-and-a-BJ Day for us guys. Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1