• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Borders Rewards....30% off coupon if register early

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Abarenbo Shogun

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:47 am Reply with quote
http://www.bordersrewards.com/

According to the sales clerk, if you sign up within three days of getting a card (i.e. first purchase), you also get a 30% off coupon good for most anything in the store (even DVD's).

But I have my reservations about the program itself. Kinda one-sided if you ask me, and not as great as Preferrered Reader was (Free to join, yet 4 Personal Shopping Days a year? What if I spend more than $200 a year? Kinda a rip-off and not very fair if you ask me. And the Christmas thingy is just plain confusing.).

I'm sticking to the e-mail coupons (their "other" system) myself for now and pondering if it's worth my time to grab a few extra Rewards cards and get the 30% off coupons from that system as well with some freebie e-mail accounts on Yahell.
CrackaJax

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:48 am Reply with quote
To explain the Christmas thing, every time you spend at least $50, 5% of your purchase is added to an account. Once you've gained $10 in that account, you get that amount free.
Alchemist449

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:38 pm Reply with quote
This is still only available in test areas like the Philadelphia areas. It will be available everywhere this Christmas.
Oneiropolos

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:35 am Reply with quote
The new rewards system completely lost me to Waldenbooks forever. I don't spend as much as some people, but I used to spend around 800 a year on manga,and I'd go out of my way to go to Waldens to spend it because of their great system. It was the best rewards system there was. I loved that I earned the gift certificates, and I loved the tangible 10% off every time I spent. I guess I'll just buy online now or at Books a Million where I can at least still get 10% off. BN's 10% is nice, but the membership fee is too high. I'm all for being loyal to a company, but I also like to save money so I can buy more books and manga. :/
RabbitRevolution

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:25 am Reply with quote
Their site is not very clear....Do you get the actual Borders Reward card at a Borders store? It seems that only after you get the card that you can sign up online. Haven't been to a Borders/Waldens recently, so have the cashiers started offering this card?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1