• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tsutomu Mizushima Directs New Genshiken Anime at I.G

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:24 am Reply with quote
Too bad Media Blasters is in no shape to license this.
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:09 am Reply with quote
I'm very glad that Genshiken is getting another season instead of just an OAD, and Mizushima is a great director (I don't blame him for the Genshiken OVA's subpar production values, since it was produced with whatever was left from Kujibiki Unbalance's budget), but I wonder if they're simply going to skip all of the material set between where the last season ended and the beginning of the second generation arc.

Since Yokote is coming back as the head writer, I hope she can keep the transition between the last and the new season from being too jarring.
GTO Neko

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:22 am Reply with quote
Nice to hear that the anime is coming back. :3

Only thing I'll have a gripe about is the last arc not being shown with the original group spoiler[the relationship being built up with Ogiue and Kanji and Ogiue's future of doing more manga]

Otherwise, more Genshiken is appreciated. Very Happy
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:27 am Reply with quote
Quote:
while Kinji Yoshimoto directed the Genshiken 2 sequel anime (not be confused with the upcoming Genshiken: Second Season anime)

I'm not confused but someone clearly is; Genshiken 2 or the Genshiken sequel is middle work while Genshiken: Second Season is the full title of the continuation from the nonexistant Genshiken 3. It's not "the upcoming" anime, it's ... the subject matter?

I am hoping Yuko Goto's well enough for Sue; Her mangled japanese/spot on english was too perfect.
danilo07

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:11 am Reply with quote
Before this news I wasnt very interested in this anime,but with Mizushima directing it I will give it a chance.
kyokun703

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:30 am Reply with quote
Super excited about this. Just finished Genshiken 2 and am really happy there's a new season announced right afterwards. I love this anime dealing with college students for a change.

Also, because of this, I realized I was missing the OVAs so I went out and bought them. I was wondering where Ogiue came from.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:40 am Reply with quote
I hope someone licenses this
the skinny

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:37 pm Reply with quote
I just hope they don't skip over what was left to cover/establish from the original manga before moving on to this next story/generation of characters! I mean, some of the most well developed and written parts in the manga was where the anime left off/ended at in Genshiken 2, so I hope they at least give the first episode or two to cover that!!!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1