• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Mother/Earthbound Creator: Mother 4 is 'Impossible'

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Well, that sucks. And to say it's impossible, what the heck does he mean by that. It would have been easier if he had said that he's moved on and has no interest in reviving that series. It's funny that this series has a following here. I know that they did do another installment but it never came here. But then I wonder if it was just a prototype. I wonder how the series fared to the Japanese market.
OtakuKitten

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:02 pm Reply with quote
To look at the bright side of this story at least the Mother series will always be looked at as a great series. You won't have an instance where fan's excitement was dashed or the game itself suffered, thus damaging the series as a whole.

I haven't played the game yet but every time I hear a fan talk about this one they have nothing but good things to say about it. Sometimes it's ok to just let a great story stay where it is.

At least that's my feelings.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:22 pm Reply with quote
Maybe impossible as in Nintendo wouldn't fund more? Mother 3 sold a decent amount but nowhere near Mother 2 did. Even the Mother 1+2 re-release on GBA sold more than Mother 3 did.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:49 pm Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
Maybe impossible as in Nintendo wouldn't fund more? Mother 3 sold a decent amount but nowhere near Mother 2 did. Even the Mother 1+2 re-release on GBA sold more than Mother 3 did.

Thats what I'm guessing. It was always one of Nintendos lower end series sales wise, and they might just not see the point of funding any more when they could use that same money on something that would sell far better.
PipingHotTea

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 3:32 pm Reply with quote
As much as I want another Mother game, I can understand why Itoi said its impossible. Welp. There's always the fan game, which is still in the making.
Aethix

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 4:23 pm Reply with quote
I'm not entirely sure if "impossible" was the most appropriate translation of the tweet. Muri is one of those words that can mean a lot of different things depending on context. I've seen it translated simply as "no" before.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1