• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: KyoAni Streams Nagisa Promo for 'Free!' Swimming Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rahzel rose
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:55 am Reply with quote
In the voice sample, Haruka introduces himself as a first-year Iwatobi High School student whose specialty is the breaststroke.

It should be Nagisa intead of Haruka!

Gosh, Yonaga sounds so cute as Nagisa and it seems like Nagisa will be a fun character. An Onsen Club? I'd totally be down with that.
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:02 am Reply with quote
He's just....so precious. So precious, so...so adorable and precious. I'd love to be his onee-chan. Razz
CrowLia

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:06 am Reply with quote
F*ck you KyoAni, how dare you make me dig for the damn headphones at 4 in the morning for three nights in a row?!

Just kidding, I love you. Bring July sooner please. Now.

Can't wait for the Mamoru Miyano one.

Also, I guess we can at least assume we'll see Haruka swim once, since Nagisa says "been a while since I watched Haruka's swimming".
zeo1fan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:15 am Reply with quote
Alright. Very Happy Let's kick this love triangle into gear. Are you Team Makoto or Team Nagisa? Razz

On a side note, I'm definitely seeing the KyoAni here; Nagisa speaks with the same fetishistic affectation as KyoAni's Moe characters (Though I have yet to determine if this is Moe yet since it depends on the story). WAIT. NAGISA?

TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:35 am Reply with quote
I haven't looked forwad to an anime this much since From a New World.

Can't wait for July!!![/b]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jojothepunisher

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:53 am Reply with quote
Is this supposed to be targeted towards female fans or am I supposed to enjoy this like any other KyoAni animes?
rahzel rose
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:45 am Reply with quote
jojothepunisher wrote:
Is this supposed to be targeted towards female fans or am I supposed to enjoy this like any other KyoAni animes?

I think that regardless of gender, if the story piqués your interest, you should watch.
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:50 am Reply with quote
rahzel.rose wrote:
jojothepunisher wrote:

I think that regardless of gender, if the story piqués your interest, you should watch.

^what she said.
senpai27

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:58 am Reply with quote
Good god Nagisa acts like a genderbent Yui from K-On. In fact every character acts like a genderbent version of K-On, just Nagisa seems the most like them, every word and actions he made just screams 'Yui!' at me.

And still no actual swimming scene in the PV. With all their specialty mentioned I thought there will be at least some scenes featuring their swimming. My level of interest in the show dropped for now, but still hopeful that Free! will have true swimming competition, little as it may be in the series.
jojothepunisher

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:28 am Reply with quote
rahzel.rose wrote:
jojothepunisher wrote:

I was more asking the question of whether KyoAni is actually going that route of targeting female fans instead of doing what they are normally best at, and that is making funny/cute/interesting shows about high school students.
Ranma824

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:31 am Reply with quote
jojothepunisher wrote:

Since "punisher" is in your moniker, I'm gonna steal a line from a most punishing game:

"The Answer in within you."

Razz
ConanSan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:34 am Reply with quote
I think I just suffered a breast stroke.
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:22 am Reply with quote
So they do have swimming caps!

And adorable boogie boards~ Very Happy

I really really really hope some Figure companies will make merchandise for Free!.

Last edited by Keichitsu0305 on Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
JormelKaze

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:05 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I was more asking the question of whether KyoAni is actually going that route of targeting female fans instead of doing what they are normally best at, and that is making funny/cute/interesting shows about high school students.

That depends. Is your definition of "funny/cute/interesting shows about high school students" limited only to 'cute girls doing cute things'? 'Cause if not, then this is still going to be a funny/cute/interesting show about high school students, just with guys. Truthfully, I'm really interested to see how this turns out.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:27 pm Reply with quote
He's too small for breaststroke. Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2