• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime stores in Florida?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrXarnus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:45 am Reply with quote
Hello people,
because I am going to Florida in about 3/4 months and I was wondering if there were any good anime stores (real stores, no online stores) in that state.I already googled some up but i think you guys now better were to look.

Thanks.
(Sorry, but my english is not perfect, i am from Belgium.)
Paploo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:49 pm Reply with quote
The Virgin Megastore in Downtown Disney [which was awesome in terms of anime selection] closed a few years ago, but if you go to Epcot, there's a Mitsukoshi department store in the Japan pavillion- somethings might be a bit pricey [and are just stuff imported by Diamond], but they also get a TON of oddball stuff like Doraemon gummies, wierd japanese snacks, and pretty much every Ghibli merchandise you can imagine- seriously, they had everything, CD's, Artbooks, DVD's, plush toys, picnic baskets, notepads/journals... if you can put a Totoro on it, they had it. It's a nice spot to check out.

There was a Sanrio store in Old Town Orlando, no idea if it's still there though.

Other than that, hopefully some local's can hook you up with more info- I imagine there's a lot of keen little stores hiding around Florida. I think Anime Nation has a physical store there, but I've never been to it.
MrXarnus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:21 am Reply with quote
Paploo wrote:
The Virgin Megastore in Downtown Disney [which was awesome in terms of anime selection] closed a few years ago, but if you go to Epcot, there's a Mitsukoshi department store in the Japan pavillion- somethings might be a bit pricey [and are just stuff imported by Diamond], but they also get a TON of oddball stuff like Doraemon gummies, wierd japanese snacks, and pretty much every Ghibli merchandise you can imagine- seriously, they had everything, CD's, Artbooks, DVD's, plush toys, picnic baskets, notepads/journals... if you can put a Totoro on it, they had it. It's a nice spot to check out.

There was a Sanrio store in Old Town Orlando, no idea if it's still there though.

Other than that, hopefully some local's can hook you up with more info- I imagine there's a lot of keen little stores hiding around Florida. I think Anime Nation has a physical store there, but I've never been to it.

Thanks,
anybody else that nows some stores?

EDIT:I think animenation has no real store anymore, but you can still go there and pick stuff you have seen on the site, anyone that can confirme this?
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:16 pm Reply with quote
Animenation used to have a B&M store in the St. Petersburg area. I visited it a couple of times. It was in a different location every time I visited. It has been several years since I've been to Florida so I can't answer as to a current location.

Your best bet would be to post a question on their website.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1