Forum - View topic
INTEREST: MangaGamer Licenses Cartagra, Kara no Shōjo 2




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Cecilthedarkknight_234



Joined: 02 Apr 2011
Posts: 3764
Location: Louisville, KY
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:48 am Reply with quote
that's some hardcore stuff man.. I hope that many won't be turned off by these titles.. oh wait
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail My Anime My Manga
Buster Blader 126



Joined: 14 May 2005
Posts: 1187
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:59 am Reply with quote
Holy shit, they broke through with Lilith? AND they managed to get the voiceovers back for Kara no Shojo.

I thought I'd never see the day. Shocked
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
kazziyan



Joined: 26 Nov 2012
Posts: 391
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:27 am Reply with quote
More Eroge? thank you based MangaGamer. <3
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
evilkorpse



Joined: 28 Feb 2012
Posts: 81
Location: UNITED STATES
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:18 am Reply with quote
FINALLY WE GET LILITH TITLES. NOW WE NEED IS FOR MEDIA BLASTERS TO GET A PIXY TITLE. sOMEONE SUGGESTED THROUGH THEIR FACEBOOK AND MEDIA BLASTERS RESPONDED
Quote:
Media Blasters FB Page Everyone loves pixy...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
terminus24



Joined: 19 Jun 2011
Posts: 304
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:59 pm Reply with quote
Question...

Do any Non-H VNs exist in NA? I've seen a few, but not many.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
getchman
Subscriber



Joined: 07 Apr 2012
Posts: 8913
Location: Bedford, NH
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:04 pm Reply with quote
terminus24 wrote:
Question...

Do any Non-H VNs exist in NA? I've seen a few, but not many.


mangagamer has 3 pages of all ages games
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
terminus24



Joined: 19 Jun 2011
Posts: 304
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:13 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
terminus24 wrote:
Question...

Do any Non-H VNs exist in NA? I've seen a few, but not many.


mangagamer has 3 pages of all ages games
Really? I'll have to check that out, then.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
configspace



Joined: 16 Aug 2008
Posts: 3716
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:21 pm Reply with quote
evilkorpse wrote:
FINALLY WE GET LILITH TITLES. NOW WE NEED IS FOR MEDIA BLASTERS TO GET A PIXY TITLE. sOMEONE SUGGESTED THROUGH THEIR FACEBOOK AND MEDIA BLASTERS RESPONDED
Quote:
Media Blasters FB Page Everyone loves pixy...

Oh shit, Lilith and Pixy. Can you say ahegao? Twisted Evil

But seriously, I had previously read they did not want to license their titles out... dunno if it was due to the content or not high enough offers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cecilthedarkknight_234



Joined: 02 Apr 2011
Posts: 3764
Location: Louisville, KY
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:27 pm Reply with quote
terminus24 wrote:
getchman wrote:
terminus24 wrote:
Question...

Do any Non-H VNs exist in NA? I've seen a few, but not many.


mangagamer has 3 pages of all ages games
Really? I'll have to check that out, then.


Hmm yeah they do exist you might also want to check out the android and ios market as well. There is slow but steady trickle of VN's finally heading to the west in English. I also recommend getting all ages vn's such as stein's;gate or chaos;head and using the patches out there for the games.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail My Anime My Manga
terminus24



Joined: 19 Jun 2011
Posts: 304
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:53 pm Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
terminus24 wrote:
getchman wrote:
terminus24 wrote:
Question...

Do any Non-H VNs exist in NA? I've seen a few, but not many.


mangagamer has 3 pages of all ages games
Really? I'll have to check that out, then.


Hmm yeah they do exist you might also want to check out the android and ios market as well. There is slow but steady trickle of VN's finally heading to the west in English. I also recommend getting all ages vn's such as stein's;gate or chaos;head and using the patches out there for the games.
I have S;G on my PC, but that's pretty much it. I've looked up visual novels on Amazon, but most of them are Adult-Only, and I'd prefer non-H VNs. I'd really like to see S;G get licensed by someone, as I'm enjoying it so far.

I think that the fact that most VNs aren't available at standard retail outlets, and that places that do have them (Amazon) have a page or two of adult things to go through before you hit the all-ages stuff isn't that great for getting people aware that eroge aren't the only VNs available for purchase outside of Japan.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cecilthedarkknight_234



Joined: 02 Apr 2011
Posts: 3764
Location: Louisville, KY
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:14 pm Reply with quote
hmm i understand what you are saying and there a slew of other all ages vn's I do recommend epically those from r7/7th expansion. if you can import rose gun days, umineko and higanbana then you will have 4 more great titles to add your collection. All of these games have fan-transltions and have even been approved by the creator himself.

Now if you are a huge fan of key/visual art works try to find little busters "2007 edition", rewrite, clannad, kanon all ages. All of these said vn's do have full translations as well and trust me you will not find them disappointing at all.

As far as the American market goes on all ages manga-gamer is your best bet. They do have rights to higurashi which is by far one my all time favorite vn's and there are patches floating around to use ps2 sprites/bk/music/sfx etc.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail My Anime My Manga
einhorn303



Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Posts: 1180
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:28 pm Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
hmm i understand what you are saying and there a slew of other all ages vn's I do recommend epically those from r7/7th expansion. if you can import rose gun days, umineko and higanbana then you will have 4 more great titles to add your collection. All of these games have fan-transltions and have even been approved by the creator himself.

Now if you are a huge fan of key/visual art works try to find little busters "2007 edition", rewrite, clannad, kanon all ages. All of these said vn's do have full translations as well and trust me you will not find them disappointing at all.

As far as the American market goes on all ages manga-gamer is your best bet. They do have rights to higurashi which is by far one my all time favorite vn's and there are patches floating around to use ps2 sprites/bk/music/sfx etc.


By the way, there's also a download version of Umineko offered in collaboration with the game's creator and fan translators: http://witch-hunt.com/stage.html. You can also get the Demo version for free (which has the whole 1st episode, a 12 hour game).

I just have to evangelize a bit, since I think Umineko is a masterpiece! I also think it's a good intro for people not used to visual novels. It's a more mature story, not just "choose which girl you think is the cutest."

They've also finished translating the demo for Rose Guns Days. I haven't played that, but it looks pretty good. It looks like it has a Cowboy Bebop sort of vibe...also good for mainstream anime fans getting into VNs for the first time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
evilkorpse



Joined: 28 Feb 2012
Posts: 81
Location: UNITED STATES
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:49 pm Reply with quote
configspace wrote:
evilkorpse wrote:
FINALLY WE GET LILITH TITLES. NOW WE NEED IS FOR MEDIA BLASTERS TO GET A PIXY TITLE. sOMEONE SUGGESTED THROUGH THEIR FACEBOOK AND MEDIA BLASTERS RESPONDED
Quote:
Media Blasters FB Page Everyone loves pixy...

Oh shit, Lilith and Pixy. Can you say ahegao? Twisted Evil

But seriously, I had previously read they did not want to license their titles out... dunno if it was due to the content or not high enough offers


Its a stupid rumor people were saying around the time Pixy was rising to fame, and when Pixy started cracking down on the fan sub groups such as erobeat. Every single time I heard people saying "Lilith will not license" I always counter challenged them and ask them to show me "official" proof yet they never did and now those people have not said one word in other forums on the news now that they've been exposed as the lairs they were.
Anyways Manga Gamer is interested in the Pixy animation as well

22:28:10 <bay> Q: Weren't you guys planning to translate h-ovas and h-manga?
22:28:27 <bay> A: We might be able to start out with pixie animes...
22:28:28 <bay> they do the lilith animes...
22:28:32 <bay> we are still working on that

http://bayoab.info/live/live2.php?panel=18
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group