• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: MangaGamer Licenses Cartagra, Kara no Shōjo 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:48 am Reply with quote
that's some hardcore stuff man.. I hope that many won't be turned off by these titles.. oh wait
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:59 am Reply with quote
Holy shit, they broke through with Lilith? AND they managed to get the voiceovers back for Kara no Shojo.

I thought I'd never see the day. Shocked
kazziyan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:27 am Reply with quote
More Eroge? thank you based MangaGamer. <3
evilkorpse

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:18 am Reply with quote
FINALLY WE GET LILITH TITLES. NOW WE NEED IS FOR MEDIA BLASTERS TO GET A PIXY TITLE. sOMEONE SUGGESTED THROUGH THEIR FACEBOOK AND MEDIA BLASTERS RESPONDED
Quote:
Media Blasters FB Page Everyone loves pixy...
terminus24

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:59 pm Reply with quote
Question...

Do any Non-H VNs exist in NA? I've seen a few, but not many.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:04 pm Reply with quote
terminus24 wrote:
Question...

mangagamer has 3 pages of all ages games
terminus24

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:13 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
terminus24 wrote:
Question...

Really? I'll have to check that out, then.
configspace

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:21 pm Reply with quote
evilkorpse wrote:
FINALLY WE GET LILITH TITLES. NOW WE NEED IS FOR MEDIA BLASTERS TO GET A PIXY TITLE. sOMEONE SUGGESTED THROUGH THEIR FACEBOOK AND MEDIA BLASTERS RESPONDED
Quote:

Oh shit, Lilith and Pixy. Can you say ahegao? Twisted Evil

But seriously, I had previously read they did not want to license their titles out... dunno if it was due to the content or not high enough offers
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:27 pm Reply with quote
terminus24 wrote:
getchman wrote:
terminus24 wrote:
Question...

Hmm yeah they do exist you might also want to check out the android and ios market as well. There is slow but steady trickle of VN's finally heading to the west in English. I also recommend getting all ages vn's such as stein's;gate or chaos;head and using the patches out there for the games.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
terminus24

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:53 pm Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
terminus24 wrote:
getchman wrote:
terminus24 wrote:
Question...

Hmm yeah they do exist you might also want to check out the android and ios market as well. There is slow but steady trickle of VN's finally heading to the west in English. I also recommend getting all ages vn's such as stein's;gate or chaos;head and using the patches out there for the games.
I have S;G on my PC, but that's pretty much it. I've looked up visual novels on Amazon, but most of them are Adult-Only, and I'd prefer non-H VNs. I'd really like to see S;G get licensed by someone, as I'm enjoying it so far.

I think that the fact that most VNs aren't available at standard retail outlets, and that places that do have them (Amazon) have a page or two of adult things to go through before you hit the all-ages stuff isn't that great for getting people aware that eroge aren't the only VNs available for purchase outside of Japan.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:14 pm Reply with quote
hmm i understand what you are saying and there a slew of other all ages vn's I do recommend epically those from r7/7th expansion. if you can import rose gun days, umineko and higanbana then you will have 4 more great titles to add your collection. All of these games have fan-transltions and have even been approved by the creator himself.

Now if you are a huge fan of key/visual art works try to find little busters "2007 edition", rewrite, clannad, kanon all ages. All of these said vn's do have full translations as well and trust me you will not find them disappointing at all.

As far as the American market goes on all ages manga-gamer is your best bet. They do have rights to higurashi which is by far one my all time favorite vn's and there are patches floating around to use ps2 sprites/bk/music/sfx etc.
einhorn303

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:28 pm Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
hmm i understand what you are saying and there a slew of other all ages vn's I do recommend epically those from r7/7th expansion. if you can import rose gun days, umineko and higanbana then you will have 4 more great titles to add your collection. All of these games have fan-transltions and have even been approved by the creator himself.

Now if you are a huge fan of key/visual art works try to find little busters "2007 edition", rewrite, clannad, kanon all ages. All of these said vn's do have full translations as well and trust me you will not find them disappointing at all.

As far as the American market goes on all ages manga-gamer is your best bet. They do have rights to higurashi which is by far one my all time favorite vn's and there are patches floating around to use ps2 sprites/bk/music/sfx etc.

By the way, there's also a download version of Umineko offered in collaboration with the game's creator and fan translators: http://witch-hunt.com/stage.html. You can also get the Demo version for free (which has the whole 1st episode, a 12 hour game).

I just have to evangelize a bit, since I think Umineko is a masterpiece! I also think it's a good intro for people not used to visual novels. It's a more mature story, not just "choose which girl you think is the cutest."

They've also finished translating the demo for Rose Guns Days. I haven't played that, but it looks pretty good. It looks like it has a Cowboy Bebop sort of vibe...also good for mainstream anime fans getting into VNs for the first time.
evilkorpse

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:49 pm Reply with quote
configspace wrote:
evilkorpse wrote:
Quote:

Oh shit, Lilith and Pixy. Can you say ahegao? Twisted Evil

But seriously, I had previously read they did not want to license their titles out... dunno if it was due to the content or not high enough offers

Its a stupid rumor people were saying around the time Pixy was rising to fame, and when Pixy started cracking down on the fan sub groups such as erobeat. Every single time I heard people saying "Lilith will not license" I always counter challenged them and ask them to show me "official" proof yet they never did and now those people have not said one word in other forums on the news now that they've been exposed as the lairs they were.
Anyways Manga Gamer is interested in the Pixy animation as well

22:28:10 <bay> Q: Weren't you guys planning to translate h-ovas and h-manga?
22:28:27 <bay> A: We might be able to start out with pixie animes...
22:28:28 <bay> they do the lilith animes...
22:28:32 <bay> we are still working on that

http://bayoab.info/live/live2.php?panel=18
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1