• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Bleach DVD Set 16

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tenbyakugon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:34 pm Reply with quote
This set deserved everything coming to it. One of the worst fillers I've seen of any series.
consignia

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Tenbyakugon wrote:
One of the worst fillers I've seen of any series.

And this was the best one. The worst is yet to come with than one they don't even both with bad guy character designs make the whole multiple tedious mirror match fights.
sainta

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:04 pm Reply with quote
I swear Rukia's interactions with her zanpakuto reminded me of Pokemon "I'm sorry Pikachu. You are free now."
malvarez1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:29 pm Reply with quote
Ugh, the whole Zanpakuto filler arc is probably the worst Bleach filler arc ever. Near impossible to sit through. And this set is the good part of the arc! Just wait for the next DVD set.
ShatteredWorld

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:22 pm Reply with quote
Eh, I typically don't have much of a problem with Bleach filler arcs, the Bount saga being my favorite
Echo_City

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:58 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The voice-acting advantage clearly goes to the Japanese cast in this episode, as the English dub often ends up sounding fake, as if the characters didn't believe in their own emotions. It's not so much of a problem with well-established, serious personalities like Ichigo or Byakuya, but distinctive roles like hot-headed Renji, flighty Rangiku, or even the brooding Muramasa try too hard to live up to a stereotype instead of simply being the character.
I believe that this is a problem with every Studiopolis dub. I just do not care for them as I've yet to encounter a "kick-ass" dub from them: they all range from abhorrent to "barely meh" and this one was pretty darn close to the former. Even from the other studios that I do not care for as they have large amounts of this same issue, most notably Bang/Zoom, I've found some rather well done dubs. Key word being "some" as I still have one heck of an axe to grind with Mr. Eric P. Sherman Mad

Why isn't this on blu-ray? How can one of the most popular series of the HD era not be in HD in 2013?
Nonaka Machine Gun B

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:22 pm Reply with quote
Are they still [expletive] around with the aspect ratio on these?
vashna

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:24 am Reply with quote
While it seems that a lot of people here didn't really care for the Zanpakutou filler arc, a friend of mine was talking to me about it in real life lately. We ended up saying that we actually liked it a lot because it helped to identify the Zanpakuto as coming into their own as opposed to being background characters. Having them revolt like that was a great way to showcase them as another race the same way we have humans, soul reapers, quincies and all of the other species in the Bleach universe. I know it has it's faults, but that's why I defend it as a story arc.
kanechin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:43 pm Reply with quote
Omaada is not worthy to be voiced by Lex Lang. Funi should had gotten him to voice Goemon again in the Lupin III Mine Fujiko dub.

Zanpakuto Rebellion still better than the last filler arc or the bount arc.
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:19 pm Reply with quote
consignia wrote:
Tenbyakugon wrote:
One of the worst fillers I've seen of any series.

And this was the best one. The worst is yet to come with than one they don't even both with bad guy character designs make the whole multiple tedious mirror match fights.

That and the Shuskue Amagi arc. and then there is the Karukarizer filler eps. though are god awful. though the only fillers i did like were the beach episodes cause that was fan service central. spoiler[Especially when Soi Fon got attacked by tentacles. it literately screams fan service.] and then is ep 33 and 132 which was preety good in hindsight.

if there is any filler archs that is bad , its that one. As for the zanpacto rebellion arc ,its not as good as the bount arc & since its a filler they didn't make a good effort on the arc , but its solid nevertheless. Though if it was the Sword Beast/Sword Fiends arc , then i would agree.

Also i can definitely bet that if this arc was cannon material instead of filler , i am definitely positive that it would have gotten more effort and more beloved. Especially since everyone would be dying to see the real forms for both Zaraki and Yachiru's zanpatco.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1