• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Studio Deen to Animate Hatsune Miku Music Video

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:16 pm Reply with quote
All i can say is this "DDDDDDDDDDEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNN" they better not have umineko and higurashi "quality" lol
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Part of the Umineko and Higurashi "quality" is that Ryukishi07 simply cannot draw to save his life. And he designed the characters and did pretty much all art in the sound novels I believe.

And that art is AWFUL

There is just no sense of proportions whatsoever.
xBTAx

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:32 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Part of the Umineko and Higurashi "quality" is that Ryukishi07 simply cannot draw to save his life. And he designed the characters and did pretty much all art in the sound novels I believe.

And that art is AWFUL

While Ryukishi's art isn't exactly amazing (though there are people, me included, who like it), I'm pretty sure that's not what they were referring to.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:39 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:

And that art is AWFUL

hmm that's open for debate here is the ps2 version of higurashi below it came out after the anime aired with the all the v.a.'s and better looking characters compared to the 2002 release of the game

On topic i am curious to see how they handle this though.. i though most miku videos where just flash made by fans.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
rrizqiw

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:27 pm Reply with quote
many company also make miku video you know

about this
it just typical DVD bonus. not to mention its 3d
The American Average

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:10 pm Reply with quote
i'm surprised that Japan hasn't made a hatsune and friends anime yet they've done just about everything else.
Altorrin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:56 pm Reply with quote
How disappointing. It's 3D and it uses Lat Miku. I have no problem with Lat Miku and I think it's a great model but...what's the point in Studio Deen animating it if it's just gonna look like every other amateur's MMD PV? (Not to say that there aren't some amazing PVs out there but I was hoping for some spectacular professional 2D OVA looking thing.)
Lizzie_B

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:

And that art is AWFUL

Must've been new drawing characters(as well as their hands) Confused
Redlinks

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:43 pm Reply with quote
The American Average wrote:
i'm surprised that Japan hasn't made a hatsune and friends anime yet they've done just about everything else.

I'm surprised by this as well.
John Casey

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:16 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:

And that art is AWFUL

I could never see how MangaGamer expected their product to sell at those staggering prices when they slap that on the front to try and entice people. Upon first sight, no one will even bother... Logo would've suffice. :/
coral422

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:27 am Reply with quote
I think Japan is a bit late on the timing to have come up with this kind of project. It's already been almost 3 years since the whole Miku phenomenon began, and it already caught international attention around last year. 3D isn't my exactly my cup of tea, since we have seen Miku 3D countless times in Project Diva, MMD and what-not. I wish they could've come up with something better, like a full-feature movie, OVA or something.
N.R.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:22 pm Reply with quote
coral422 wrote:
I wish they could've come up with something better, like a full-feature movie, OVA or something.

Well, 5pb did release Hatsune Miku's 39's Giving Day (2010) on DVD and Blu Ray. This is probably the closest to an OVA/Movie one can get. Hatsune Miku is not a book character. She doesn't have a story behind her, aside from the memes. On the other hand I really like her as a singer. I'd like to see more concerts of her. A concert of her in full HD (using dreamy theatre 2 graphics) would be awsome.
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:26 pm Reply with quote
John Casey wrote:
Megiddo wrote:

And that art is AWFUL

I could never see how MangaGamer expected their product to sell at those staggering prices when they slap that on the front to try and entice people. Upon first sight, no one will even bother... Logo would've suffice. :/

Because regardless if someone is a fan of the anime or manga, there is a chance that they would want to play the VN it was based off of.

Now if someone wasn't a fan I could see that, but it seems to be doing well for them.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
gwdone

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:22 pm Reply with quote
I love just about everything Miku! As long as it's not American Jazz or Broadway sounding Sad I own the first 39's Giving day DVD and love it!! I can't wait until I can buy this years concert on DVD!
BeanBandit

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:48 pm Reply with quote
gwdone wrote:
I love just about everything Miku! As long as it's not American Jazz or Broadway sounding Sad I own the first 39's Giving day DVD and love it!! I can't wait until I can buy this years concert on DVD!

Are you kidding I love those Jazz pieces Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2