Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Animation Blu-ray Disc Ranking, August 26-September 1


Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Thatguy3331



Joined: 18 Feb 2012
Posts: 1668
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:52 am Reply with quote
Glad to see the To au movie doing well in BD sales....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
YamadaKun



Joined: 17 Jul 2013
Posts: 304
Location: Sunny California
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:59 am Reply with quote
Awesome sales, first Gundam. Despite it's flaws, it's still an awesome anime and deserves every bit of those sales.

I'm gonna assume 1 box of Gundam is at least $400. So $400X16,000=$6,400,000 for Bandai and the retailers. Good job Sunrise! That pushes Gundam's average to over 100,000. Hope it knocks Eva out. Gundam 0079 may be overrated as all hell, but it's infinitely superior to Evangelion. Deeper characters, more consistent art, better voice acting in both respective languages, better direction, everything.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
Catseyetiger



Joined: 20 Oct 2009
Posts: 749
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:43 am Reply with quote
due to the number one rank, I would love to see Index get a third season! OVA or another movie! any of these options please!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GiriOni



Joined: 10 Aug 2012
Posts: 218
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:58 am Reply with quote
^Index already has a guaranteed 3rd season, when it will premiere is unknown. I hope that the 3rd season blows the other two out of the water, and the potential that it can do so is already great.

On topic: It's good to see high numbers for the Index movie, it really is a great movie.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nayu



Joined: 23 Dec 2010
Posts: 676
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:19 am Reply with quote
0079 was horrible. 0080, 0083 and the 08th MS Team ovas are the best parts of the whole Gundam thing. The only anime that drug on longer than Gundam TV was Sailor Moon and DBZ. (And recently Blecch and Naruto.)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Angel M Cazares
Subscriber



Joined: 23 Sep 2010
Posts: 4839
Location: Iscandar
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:50 am Reply with quote
I suspected that Gargantia was not going to be a huge seller, but only 8,956 units sold seems low for such a high profile show. I wonder how the other two volumes would do, given that the first volumes tend to be the ones with the most sales.

Also, if anyone does not want to wait for the Viz release of Gargantia, I imported the first Japanese set, and I can confirm that it indeed has English subtitles.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
Spotlesseden



Joined: 09 Sep 2004
Posts: 3514
Location: earth
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:27 am Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
I suspected that Gargantia was not going to be a huge seller, but only 8,956 units sold seems low for such a high profile show. I wonder how the other two volumes would do, given that the first volumes tend to be the ones with the most sales.

Also, if anyone does not want to wait for the Viz release of Gargantia, I imported the first Japanese set, and I can confirm that it indeed has English subtitles.


hmm, 9k is very good. it will break 10k+. Why do you think this is a high profile show? It's just the same us many of the shows that season like Railgun, Attack on Titans, Valverave, Oreimo, Majestic Prince. it didn't get more ads or more budget.

If anything Majestic Prince and Valverave were failed. especially Majestic Prince lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hamu



Joined: 11 Oct 2012
Posts: 62
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:36 am Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
I suspected that Gargantia was not going to be a huge seller, but only 8,956 units sold seems low for such a high profile show. I wonder how the other two volumes would do, given that the first volumes tend to be the ones with the most sales.

Also, if anyone does not want to wait for the Viz release of Gargantia, I imported the first Japanese set, and I can confirm that it indeed has English subtitles.

Almost 9k is a great number.

Which makes me mad, because I hated Gargantia by the end and feel it doesn't deserve such sales but eehh :/ At least Utapri is still doing good, no event ticket effect aside. Also yay for Gundam ♥
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
YamadaKun



Joined: 17 Jul 2013
Posts: 304
Location: Sunny California
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:36 am Reply with quote
Nayu wrote:
0079 was horrible. 0080, 0083 and the 08th MS Team ovas are the best parts of the whole Gundam thing. The only anime that drug on longer than Gundam TV was Sailor Moon and DBZ. (And recently Blecch and Naruto.)


0083 sucked ass. Your taste is pretty bad. 0079 may not be as flashy as 0083, but the characters and plot were much better.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
kazziyan



Joined: 26 Nov 2012
Posts: 391
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:37 am Reply with quote
GiriOni wrote:
^Index already has a guaranteed 3rd season, when it will premiere is unknown. I hope that the 3rd season blows the other two out of the water, and the potential that it can do so is already great.

On topic: It's good to see high numbers for the Index movie, it really is a great movie.


the movie special, Index-tan, hints a 3rd season at the end when they joke around about it. All but confirmed.

Index Movie sells 35938 BD, 8383/1902 DVD, total 46,223.

Well done, JC. Deserve it!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Angel M Cazares
Subscriber



Joined: 23 Sep 2010
Posts: 4839
Location: Iscandar
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:49 am Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
angelmcazares wrote:
I suspected that Gargantia was not going to be a huge seller, but only 8,956 units sold seems low for such a high profile show.


hmm, 9k is very good. it will break 10k+. Why do you think this is a high profile show? It's just the same us many of the shows that season like Railgun, Attack on Titans, Valverave, Oreimo, Majestic Prince. it didn't get more ads or more budget.


I am saying high profile because Gargantia was animated by Production I.G. and written by Gen Urobuchi. I am assuming this had to catch Japanese otakus' attention.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
RyanSaotome



Joined: 29 Mar 2011
Posts: 4210
Location: Towson, Maryland
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:52 am Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
Spotlesseden wrote:
angelmcazares wrote:
I suspected that Gargantia was not going to be a huge seller, but only 8,956 units sold seems low for such a high profile show.


hmm, 9k is very good. it will break 10k+. Why do you think this is a high profile show? It's just the same us many of the shows that season like Railgun, Attack on Titans, Valverave, Oreimo, Majestic Prince. it didn't get more ads or more budget.


I am saying high profile because Gargantia was animated by Production I.G. and written by Gen Urobuchi. I am assuming this had to catch Japanese otakus' attention.


Production IG isn't guaranteed sales or anything... thats more of a studio Westerners are interested in.

http://www.mania.com/aodvb/showpost.php?p=2010468&postcount=20

Kuroko no Basket - 24,433
Ghost in the Shell 2nd GIG - 19,639
Ghost in the Shell SAC - 16,108
Sengoku Basara 2 - 12,951
Toshokan Sensou - 10,046

Out of the 109 anime to sell 10k+ copies since 2000, only 5 of them are Production IG. So selling 9k is good for them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
jet_



Joined: 06 Jun 2013
Posts: 398
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:02 pm Reply with quote
kazziyan wrote:
GiriOni wrote:
^Index already has a guaranteed 3rd season, when it will premiere is unknown. I hope that the 3rd season blows the other two out of the water, and the potential that it can do so is already great.

On topic: It's good to see high numbers for the Index movie, it really is a great movie.


the movie special, Index-tan, hints a 3rd season at the end when they joke around about it. All but confirmed.

Index Movie sells 35938 BD, 8383/1902 DVD, total 46,223.

Well done, JC. Deserve it!

That doesn't mean it's "guaranteed".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kazziyan



Joined: 26 Nov 2012
Posts: 391
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:48 pm Reply with quote
jet_ wrote:
kazziyan wrote:
GiriOni wrote:
^Index already has a guaranteed 3rd season, when it will premiere is unknown. I hope that the 3rd season blows the other two out of the water, and the potential that it can do so is already great.

On topic: It's good to see high numbers for the Index movie, it really is a great movie.


the movie special, Index-tan, hints a 3rd season at the end when they joke around about it. All but confirmed.

Index Movie sells 35938 BD, 8383/1902 DVD, total 46,223.

Well done, JC. Deserve it!

That doesn't mean it's "guaranteed".


There movie interview response and consistency of doing this way tends to means it has an announcement imminent. I didn't say guaranteed, mind you, I said all but confirmed! Not getting my hopes up yet.

I'm more excited that the movie did so well on its first week. Was expecting less!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jet_



Joined: 06 Jun 2013
Posts: 398
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:14 pm Reply with quote
kazziyan wrote:
jet_ wrote:
kazziyan wrote:
GiriOni wrote:
^Index already has a guaranteed 3rd season, when it will premiere is unknown. I hope that the 3rd season blows the other two out of the water, and the potential that it can do so is already great.

On topic: It's good to see high numbers for the Index movie, it really is a great movie.


the movie special, Index-tan, hints a 3rd season at the end when they joke around about it. All but confirmed.

Index Movie sells 35938 BD, 8383/1902 DVD, total 46,223.

Well done, JC. Deserve it!

That doesn't mean it's "guaranteed".


There movie interview response and consistency of doing this way tends to means it has an announcement imminent. I didn't say guaranteed, mind you, I said all but confirmed! Not getting my hopes up yet.

I'm more excited that the movie did so well on its first week. Was expecting less!


Sorry, that comment was aimed towards GiriOni.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group