• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Comic-Con: Afro Samurai Trailer Premiere

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SSJ Gohan 64

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:33 pm Reply with quote
I hope it will be good and it will be something to watch on Spike TV. Blade the T.V. Series is one thing I watch on the network and this would be another thing to watch.

Also, Wu-Tang Clan ain't nothing to fudge with. Smile
Kasuma

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:59 pm Reply with quote
Did anyone notice the announcement on the Afro Samurai web site that they are going to go Live Action with this and Samuel L Jackson is now slated to play the lead role in the live action version as well? Way Cool

http://www.afrosamurai.com/news.html

Cool
Ashi-chan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:32 pm Reply with quote
IGN's putting the trailer up Monday for people who can't make Comic-Con. Looking forward to the trailer. The character designs have me suddenly intrigued in this...
jmays
ANN Associate Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:14 pm Reply with quote
Kasuma wrote:
Did anyone notice the announcement on the Afro Samurai web site that they are going to go Live Action with this and Samuel L Jackson is now slated to play the lead role in the live action version as well? Way Cool

404 Not Found. Anime cry
Nobuyuki

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:19 pm Reply with quote
JMays wrote:
Kasuma wrote:

404 Not Found. Anime cry

I don't see anything on www.afrosamurai.com except some downloadable wallpapers and a box that basically reads "Go watch the trailer at IGN" Razz

:add: OK, now Toon Zone's reporting the LA project as well.
LukeMattison

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:47 am Reply with quote
I saw the trailer earlier tonight at the Comic-Con. It was AWESOME!!!!! Here is the recap. It will come out around Nov. 2007 in a 5 episode movie format, meaning that it will be 5 episodes played at one time. It is going to be violent, bloody ect. It will come out on DVD next spring with extra footage that will not be shown on television (ie. nudity). The animation is absolutely amazing. It was told that each episode will be made for about $1 million, and that the quality will be consistantly top notch. Also, it will play in the U.S. with a complete english cast before it hits Japan. And Sam L. Jackson doesn't say much, but what he does, :0) The is also going to be a 300 pg manga, but it was never asked if it was going to be one volume, or multiple volumes. No, manga distributer yet, but "lots of offers". As for the movie, it is still in the early stages. From what I have seen, THIS IS GOING TO BE BIG! Hope this helps.
Akukaze

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:32 am Reply with quote
Wasn't the live-action version announced back in February, if not earlier?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Gonzo_Boy
Company Representative

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:49 pm Reply with quote
Hey everyone,

I actually work at Gonzo and am one of the producers on the Afro Samurai animation, live-action movie, video game, and comic!

Please hit me with any questions and I'll answer as quickly as I can.

I really hope everyone enjoys the animation! We're truly putting our hearts and souls into it.

Gonzo_Boy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1