• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Maji de Otaku na English! Ribbon-chan Gets Ending Sequence After Broadcast

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:48 am Reply with quote
Yeah! They gonna teach lewd remarks in English! Stuff ya wouldn't normally say in public! Like us learning the swear words first in foreign language class! Laughing

"You have best boobs, Miss!"
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:01 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Yeah! They gonna teach lewd remarks in English! Stuff ya wouldn't normally say in public! Like us learning the swear words first in foreign language class! Laughing

They actually do...
One of the lessons is "I like you more than eroge."

Unfortunately, most of the English is grammatically incorrect.
punipuniwarrior

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:48 pm Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:
enurtsol wrote:

They actually do...
One of the lessons is "I like you more than eroge."

Unfortunately, most of the English is grammatically incorrect.

It's supposed to be. Moetan was a parody of the 'x with Moe for otaku' trend which was going out of control in the mid 00s and so the generically named 'Moetan' (The name itself is a very tongue in cheek dig) was created in order to teach useless engrish. The whole thing isn't supposed to make any sense, there's a good reason why POP's circle is called 'Electromagneticwave'.

Same applies to Ribbon-chan which is exactly the same principle following another surge in the 'x for otaku' trend during the late 00s. The pointless magical girl contract is a parody of Madoka and the idol storyline is a parody of...well, take your pick. POP did a similar thing with Yutori-chan where he basically poked fun at the toy industry.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1