• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kenichi the Mightiest Disciple's 6th Video Anime Listed by Retailers

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:37 pm Reply with quote
November 18 or February 18?

I'll hope for February since it makes no sense to announce it 11 months before it comes out.
FrameFreeze100

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:47 pm Reply with quote
KH91 wrote:

I'll hope for February since it makes no sense to announce it 11 months before it comes out.

Those links are there in the article for your benefit. Wink

http://www.7netshopping.jp/books/detail/-/accd/1106369684/

Says February 18

The November date was for manga volume 54 (which had OVA episodes 6 & 7)

Even though this is the "6th video" it's actually episode 8

"video 4" and "video 5" had 2 OVA episodes each.

When I suggested a past ANN article to be more detailed about the number of actual episodes I was basically told I was wrong and to be quiet. Rolling Eyes

(fortunately a contributor for the encyclopedia entry had the sense to list the correct number of episodes; though I guess that will have to updated again from 7 --> 8)

anime#13718

Fact checking other things couldn't hurt too...

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-10-09/5th-kenichi-the-mightiest-disciple-video-anime-has-2-episodes-bonus

When I read this piece of news it sounded like one of the episodes would be about a battle that skips forward a few hundred chapters (implying the anime didn't care about continuity anymore; therefore crushing the hopes of fans wanting a potential second season someday) but then when I watched both OVAs those characters are nowhere to be found... it turned out to be a 2-part episode about Boris. Laughing (oh well no point in apologizing for a mistake this late right?)

Quote:
The fifth video anime volume will depict the multi-way Shinpaku Alliance vs. Yomi battles from the original manga, including Miu vs. Rimi and Takeda vs. Rugu.

This was the content of the actual manga volume and nothing to do with the anime content.

Ok enough complaining and back on topic.

Very happy for more Kenichi. My guess is this OVA with either be about Shigure's past or a rematch fight between Kenichi & Tsuji
KH91

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:20 am Reply with quote
FrameFreeze100 wrote:
KH91 wrote:

Those links are there in the article for your benefit. Wink

http://www.7netshopping.jp/books/detail/-/accd/1106369684/

I know that, which is why I checked the links(like a smart individual) before I made my post(meaning that I posted it for some reason that should be obvious). Wink
Crystalyn
ANN Managing Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:39 am Reply with quote
KH91 wrote:

Thanks for pointing that out! I fixed our subheadline so it reflects the correct February 18 date.
Crystalyn
ANN Managing Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:58 am Reply with quote
FrameFreeze100 wrote:
When I suggested a past ANN article to be more detailed about the number of actual episodes I was basically told I was wrong and to be quiet. Rolling Eyes

I do not think any of our news staff would do that =\ When we notice possible corrections pointed out in our forums, we definitely look into them. Maybe our team missed those corrections you pointed out earlier

I do appreciate you bringing all this to our attention and I will do some fact checking and correct all related articles if necessary.

If in the future you think we've published something incorrectly and no one has fixed it, you can also shoot us an email at [email protected]. Sometimes we do miss corrections pointed out in forums, but we'll definitely look into it if we get an email.

Thank you again.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1