• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kenji Inafune's Mighty No.9 Game Previewed in Play Test Footage

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrno2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:58 pm Reply with quote
2015???? That's such a long way off.
Toester_Strudel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:38 pm Reply with quote
The game looks great so far, can't wait for it! And yeah, 2015 seems like a long way from today...
Sir Daniel Fortesque

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:57 pm Reply with quote
It'll still be out before the next Mega Man game..
Dannyhibiki

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:22 pm Reply with quote
His name is Keiji, not Kenji.
Juno016

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:27 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:

Well, considering they only had concepts until now, I don't think I would've expected anything sooner. They're making it on practically every current platform, too. It seems like steady progress so far, though, so I'm happy.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Juno016 wrote:
Chrno2 wrote:

Well, considering they only had concepts until now, I don't think I would've expected anything sooner. They're making it on practically every current platform, too. It seems like steady progress so far, though, so I'm happy.

True. I guess before you know it 2015 will be here. I know there was another game that had a long wait and before you knew it was that time. I wish I could remember.
Juno016

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:34 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
Juno016 wrote:
Chrno2 wrote:

True. I guess before you know it 2015 will be here. I know there was another game that had a long wait and before you knew it was that time. I wish I could remember.

It's been pointed out by game developers a lot, but one of the reasons some games tend to take forever to release is because they're announced in such early stages now, we're hearing about them earlier than ever. And sometimes before they've even been greenlit (DASH/Legends 3... *sob*). So the distance between announcement and release is much longer, especially when a game is in limbo (long ago, most games would never be announced until they were far enough in development to be set for a release of some kind).
Chrno2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Juno016 wrote:

It's been pointed out by game developers a lot, but one of the reasons some games tend to take forever to release is because they're announced in such early stages now, we're hearing about them earlier than ever. And sometimes before they've even been greenlit (DASH/Legends 3... *sob*). So the distance between announcement and release is much longer, especially when a game is in limbo (long ago, most games would never be announced until they were far enough in development to be set for a release of some kind).

Yeah, that is true. I guess when compared to companies that have it in the bag when they make the announcement there is a shorter time frame. But I did forget that the game was still in the process of being funded. Gotta get the funds first. And that was all but last year. So now we have to get it going. But from all the scenes I thought we'd be getting closer to a release in the summer. Then you get the final news. Hell, Bayonetta 2 isn't getting a release until late 2014, but that could just be a hold date and folks could see it in late summer. But we'll see. I'm glad that this project is underway. Now the question is will we get a spiritual successor to Dash 3? The only way this would happen is to scrap the original idea, start from scratch using a different premise and then finish it. Because sadly Capcom has long dropped that in a deep ditch never to be unearthed again.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1