Forum - View topic
NEWS: Saint Seiya Omega TV Anime to End in March




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Stark700



Joined: 30 Jan 2012
Posts: 11591
Location: Earth
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:15 pm Reply with quote
Hmm interesting. I guess I can finally marathon this after it's done.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dan9999



Joined: 25 Oct 2011
Posts: 648
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:30 pm Reply with quote
A very good run, it lasted almost as much as the original. I am happy with how much it lasted.

Now to wait for the CG movie and maybe a new SS project in the near future.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CrowLia



Joined: 24 Feb 2012
Posts: 5349
Location: Mexico
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:42 pm Reply with quote
I'd say it makes me sad because I enjoyed it a lot, but the nostalgia factor was one of the biggest draw-ins for me and they already killed spoiler[Ikki, Shiryu and Kiki] in most stupid ways (seriously? spoiler[an Athena Exclamation? Shiryu participated in the clash of TWO of them back in the Hades arc and he came out just fine], that was just ludicrous), which has made me genuinely pissed off. The only way it'll redeem itself in my book is if it gives Hyoga and Shun a truly amazing fight that doesn't end spoiler[with both of them dying], please.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
firedragon54738



Joined: 24 Sep 2007
Posts: 3112
Location: wisconsin
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:48 pm Reply with quote
While its ending kind of sad that its not going to make it 100eps
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thaivuN



Joined: 06 Jul 2010
Posts: 64
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:54 pm Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
I'd say it makes me sad because I enjoyed it a lot, but the nostalgia factor was one of the biggest draw-ins for me and they already killed spoiler[Ikki, Shiryu and Kiki] in most stupid ways (seriously? spoiler[an Athena Exclamation? Shiryu participated in the clash of TWO of them back in the Hades arc and he came out just fine], that was just ludicrous), which has made me genuinely pissed off. The only way it'll redeem itself in my book is if it gives Hyoga and Shun a truly amazing fight that doesn't end spoiler[with both of them dying], please.


Saints getting spoiler[killed off] has always been an integral part of the Saint Seiya franchise though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CrowLia



Joined: 24 Feb 2012
Posts: 5349
Location: Mexico
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:57 pm Reply with quote
I know that, but I found it pretty mean to kill off spoiler[the original Bronze Saints, especially someone as baddass as Ikki who only showed up for like 4 episodes]. Also, Sspoiler[hiryu, Kiki and Fudo dying for the sake of a completely useless Athena Exclamation that didn't even scrath Hyperion] was just terrible in every possible way
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Zhou-BR



Joined: 28 Feb 2008
Posts: 1100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:01 am Reply with quote
Well, I'm fine with that. After the main characters awakened the Omega, which is supposed to be "the ultimate beyond the ultimate", there was no way the show could keep topping itself, and it could only go on if all of them got significantly de-powered or started fighting a different god every week.

Two years is a good run, and more than anyone thought the series would last when it first got announced. I just hope they'll spoiler[undo some of the major deaths that happened in the latest episodes. Shiryu, Ikki and even Kiki are too important to die like that.]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CrowLia



Joined: 24 Feb 2012
Posts: 5349
Location: Mexico
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:27 am Reply with quote
Zhou-BR wrote:
Well, I'm fine with that. After the main characters awakened the Omega, which is supposed to be "the ultimate beyond the ultimate", there was no way the show could keep topping itself, and it could only go on if all of them got significantly de-powered or started fighting a different god every week.

Two years is a good run, and more than anyone thought the series would last when it first got announced. I just hope they'll spoiler[undo some of the major deaths that happened in the latest episodes. Shiryu, Ikki and even Kiki are too important to die like that.]


Agreed 100%. I'm still hoping they'll pull Athena magic or something like that and bring those three back (don't care about spoiler[Fudo], the guy never did anything to get my liking, unlike Harbinger who's awesome). And I also agree that the show has little to no room to keep topping itself. The battle where the MCs awakened Omega spoiler[against Hyperion was terribly hilarious. they spent 15 minutes getting the crap beaten out of them, then getting back up "for Subaru", then getting crushed, getting up over and over. I'm sure they did the exact same thing 20 times in a row, not to mention the amount of recycled footage]. I was laughing like a loony all through the episode. Best unintentional comedy ever
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Zhou-BR



Joined: 28 Feb 2008
Posts: 1100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:50 am Reply with quote
It's odd that the Oricon article ANN quoted as a source disappeared. Maybe they announced it too early and without Asahi's permission. That Abarenbō Rikishi!! Matsutarō promotional pic seems to be enough as confirmation, though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tootbrush



Joined: 31 Oct 2009
Posts: 213
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:01 am Reply with quote
Good riddance. The Pallas arc is about as boring as the stair climbing arc. I know people hate them, but the first 27 episodes (and some episodes during the stair climbing arc) at least tried to tell a story. And Yuna and some other side characters were actually relevant.

The Pallas arc has been a mess of terrible writing and beam spam/staring contests instead of actual battles.

Who'd watch a sumo anime at 6:30 on a Sunday morning though?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dan9999



Joined: 25 Oct 2011
Posts: 648
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:48 am Reply with quote
Sumo a anime is cool. Looking forward to it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vanfanel



Joined: 26 Dec 2008
Posts: 1173
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:34 am Reply with quote
tootbrush wrote:
Good riddance. The Pallas arc is about as boring as the stair climbing arc.


Seconded. I dropped it shortly into the Pallas arc and haven't missed it one bit. If all I've missed are stupid deaths and glowing contests, it sounds like that was the right call.

Quote:

Who'd watch a sumo anime at 6:30 on a Sunday morning though?


I'll certainly be glad to give it a try. Can't be (much) worse than Ace of Diamond, anyway. I haven't seen a really good sports anime since Cross Game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DarkLordDragon



Joined: 21 Feb 2003
Posts: 77
Location: UAE
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:17 pm Reply with quote
Sad News Sad

I really loved Omega and I believe Season 1 was a great success, I still wish Toei to do a Season 3, there are great opportunities for Omega.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group