• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sailor Moon's April 27 Live-Streamed Event to Unveil New Anime Cast

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ojamajo LimePie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:46 pm Reply with quote
It's heeeeeeeere! I'll be happy as long as Han Keiko is still Luna.
AsherFischell

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:46 pm Reply with quote
Moon: Maaya Uchida
Mercury: Kana Hanazawa
Mars: Miyuki Sawashiro
Jupiter: Aki Toyosaki
Venus: Haruka Tomatsu
Chibiusa: Yui Ogura
Tuxedo Mask: Hiroshi Kamiya
Luna: Yukari Tamura
Queen Beryl: Asami Sanada

I'm not saying it's gonna happen. But, hot damn if it did.

Last edited by AsherFischell on Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:49 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN!!!
MarthKoopa

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Asami Imai for Jupiter, please.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:01 pm Reply with quote
Yui voicing Chibiusa would make an originally love-hate character (mostly hate in the West) completely lovable for everyone. I hope some of the old cast returns though.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:11 pm Reply with quote
Wow, for a moment there, I read that the anime series would be getting all new cast members.
Sailor Star Dust

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Fingers crossed we get as much of the original cast as possible since some are already retired or passed on.

At the very least I hope Kotono and Toru don't fail us! Wink
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Well, at this point, they might as well go all new, but part of me still hopes Mitsuishi and Furuya return.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:05 pm Reply with quote
I still wont belive it tell the first episode airs
PipingHotTea

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:19 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Well, at this point, they might as well go all new, but part of me still hopes Mitsuishi and Furuya return.

I'm also hoping for them to return also. But even if they can't get their old roles, it will be nice to hear there voices in the new show as a little call back.
Sarukah

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:57 pm Reply with quote
AsherFischell wrote:

Oh gosh, Pleeeeaaaassseee DO NOT let this happen! I absolutely loved Sawashiro when she first came onto the scene, but since then there have been seasons where she was literally in every single show airing and it was horrible. I am so tired of her voice, she does nothing whatsoever to change it or make it different or unique for different characters except maybe once or twice, just to be lenient since I can't recall a time where she ever did.
Thankfully I can't recall her in anything off the top of my head for this season, so maybe she's taking a break.
But your post just made me realize that this casting announcement is actually important to me; I was sailing oblivious about it before.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:04 pm Reply with quote
Cast Aya Hirano as Sailor Moon and watch the fandom explode.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Crystal

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:16 pm Reply with quote
AsherFischell wrote:
Moon: Maaya Uchida
Mercury: Kana Hanazawa
Jupiter: Aki Toyosaki
Venus: Haruka Tomatsu
Tuxedo Mask: Hiroshi Kamiya
Luna: Yukari Tamura
Queen Beryl: Asami Sanada

I'm not saying it's gonna happen. But, hot damn if it did.

That'd be annoying, ageism is gross.

(It wouldn't be appropriate-age casting, they're significantly older than their characters.)
AsherFischell

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:17 pm Reply with quote
Sarukah wrote:
AsherFischell wrote:

Oh gosh, Pleeeeaaaassseee DO NOT let this happen! I absolutely loved Sawashiro when she first came onto the scene, but since then there have been seasons where she was literally in every single show airing and it was horrible. I am so tired of her voice, she does nothing whatsoever to change it or make it different or unique for different characters except maybe once or twice, just to be lenient since I can't recall a time where she ever did.
Thankfully I can't recall her in anything off the top of my head for this season, so maybe she's taking a break.
But your post just made me realize that this casting announcement is actually important to me; I was sailing oblivious about it before.

She's been in less stuff recently, although I get where you're coming from. Her biggest problem is that she's extremely typecast, despite all the range she has. Lately she seems to be repeatedly cast as "sexy older lady" but I completely disagree with your claim that she does nothing whatsoever to change her voice. Examples include Carl Clover in Blazblue, Touko in Danganronpa, Shinku in Rozen Maiden, Suruga in Bakemonogatari, Lymle in Star Ocean: The Last Hope, Kosuke in Btooom!, Hakaze in Blast of Tempest, Dalian in Dantalian no Shoka, Puchiko in Di Gi Charat, Maria in Sayonara Zetsubou-sensei and I could go on and on and on. She's got a very wide range, but she just happens to get cast as similar characters a lot.

Last edited by AsherFischell on Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
AsherFischell

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:22 pm Reply with quote
Crystal wrote:

That'd be annoying, ageism is gross.

(It wouldn't be appropriate-age casting, they're significantly older than their characters.)

Ageism is discrimination against people based on their age, so saying it'd be gross for older actresses to portray teenagers would be an example of ageism, not the opposite. Also, teenage girls are very frequently voiced by women in their early-to-mid twenties, which most of the people I listed are. So, if you have a problem with voice actors being older than the characters they portray then you'd have to have a problem with a huge amount of anime voice casts as it's a near constant.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3