• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Announces Full Majestic Prince Dub Cast

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:04 am Reply with quote
So glad this series is getting a dub! I hope Genevieve Simmons does Kei justice! I'm in Japan, so I can't watch the trailer, but I'm sure it's great!

I really hope this gets popular in the states.

Unfortunately/fortunately, the Japanese releases have special drama CDs, so I'll be grabbing those, but the dub is tempting.
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:43 am Reply with quote
This looks, kind of decent. I might have to pick it up when it gets released.

Is it actually any good?
unitmikey

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:05 am Reply with quote
I know little of this series and am curious to see it.

But every time I see those character designs my heart skips a beat out of fear that I might suddenly be attacked by an old issue of Newtype USA.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:04 am Reply with quote
Mr Adventure wrote:

Is it actually any good?

It has its low points, but I personally really enjoyed it. Great characters are the main point of this show.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:41 am Reply with quote
If you like mecha battles, you'll love this. The series is decent at character interactions, but the mecha battles, especially in the second half, are amazing.
omiya

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:39 am Reply with quote
Great music in the series as well.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:54 am Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
If you like mecha battles, you'll love this. The series is decent at character interactions, but the mecha battles, especially in the second half, are amazing.

I liked the show for its character interactions, mecha battles you can get anywhere. That said, my image of the show has nothing to do with the BD cover; main character doesn't want to be savior of humanity through mecha piloting, he wants to draw.

Quote:
It will be up to Izuru and his brash band of misfits to vanquish the enemy and save us all… if they don't kill each other first.

Did they watch the show they licensed or was this copy just hanging around, waiting to be used? They're not brash, they're more "apologetic" and I have no idea how the "kill each other" line fits, maybe if it had the word "accidently" but even then, that's not how the "Fail Five" work, I mean, "fails".
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:21 am Reply with quote
been rewatching it on TAN and it's a good dub. Kyle has been doing a good job recently
AsherFischell

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:13 am Reply with quote
Mr Adventure wrote:

Is it actually any good?

The mech battles are very good and are the only reason I kept watching. The character designs are horrible and each of the characters are bland archetypes that you can find literally anywhere else.
zensunni

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:45 am Reply with quote
OK that dub trailer passes muster! Really, Majestic Prince was just far better than it had any right to be. I look forward to seeing the dubbed version.
omiya wrote:
Great music in the series as well.

You can say that again! The various ED songs and versions of them, with different cast members singing some of them, were quite good. The BGM was extremely well done. The insert songs were great, especially the ones by Natsumi Kon. But the real treat were the two OP numbers, both sung amazingly well by Natsumi Kon. Those songs are two of the best anime OP/ED songs ever and Kon's voice is, frankly, in a class by itself. Most of her work is in musical theater, including the roll of Éponine in Le Miserables, which is a very demanding roll, to say the least.

If you want to hear more of her work, listen to the OP for this season's surprise hit series One Week Friends.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1