Forum - View topic
NEWS: Shirogane no Ishi Argevollen Anime's TV Ad Previews Kotoko's Song




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Stark700



Joined: 30 Jan 2012
Posts: 11470
Location: Earth
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:15 am Reply with quote
Well, I'll be looking forward to this and Aldnoah.Zero this summer
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ranho



Joined: 04 Apr 2014
Posts: 68
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:27 am Reply with quote
I'm confused. The art looks simultaneously "meh" and great-looking. I think it's because the characters are designed in such a way that you can already tell their personalities. Hell, even the character dynamics look obvious (they paired that feisty-looking blonde chick with a typical laid-back looking dude, something that has been done in M3, FMA: Brotherhood, etc. Too obvious a combo).

Will give it a watch because it looks good, though that MC already looks like his "choices" will annoy me (his "moe" love interest doesn't help matters... Hikari and Manaka much?).

Also as an aside is Stark700 God or something? The guy's like omnipresent or some shit, lording over this site and MAL discussions with a single sentence declaration. Amazing (you should see his anime list. If you think you're a veteran of anime think again)!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dian Z



Joined: 27 Feb 2013
Posts: 306
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:53 am Reply with quote
All of the guys' hair are kind of... spikey, in one way or another.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TarutoClown93



Joined: 24 Jun 2010
Posts: 190
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:56 am Reply with quote
The art looks average and the story doesn't really catch much of my attention, I'll watch it without expecting anything at first glance. Given the staff and all that pizzazz, I want a little dose of nudity and some kick-off mecha battles. I heard the opening sounded very good so I'm very curious on how Sachika Misawa will sing the ending.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ali07



Joined: 01 Jun 2014
Posts: 3226
Location: Victoria, Australia
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:25 pm Reply with quote
Ranho wrote:
I'm confused. The art looks simultaneously "meh" and great-looking. I think it's because the characters are designed in such a way that you can already tell their personalities.

Agreed. The character designs look, to me, look very generic.

Especially since I find that the body types for the characters look the same. Males and females...it's as if they only changed the heads and clothes, but everyone uses the same body template.


Ranho wrote:
Hell, even the character dynamics look obvious (they paired that feisty-looking blonde chick with a typical laid-back looking dude, something that has been done in M3, FMA: Brotherhood, etc. Too obvious a combo).

Just on M3, which of the two that seem closest to Emiru is the "laid back" guy? Heito, spoiler[the crazy killer guy]...or Akashi, spoiler[the uptight guy who wanted his brother dead]?

The feisty blonde/laid back guy combo isn't there...only because it is a feisty brunette/laid back guy combo in M3 spoiler[(Raika and Iwato)]. Laughing

I get your point here, and agree with you. Hopefully they throw us a curve ball and the characters act differently to how they look. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ranho



Joined: 04 Apr 2014
Posts: 68
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:28 am Reply with quote
Hah, my fault for using FMA: Brotherhood as another reference since the combo I was talking about in M3 is actually the athletic brunette and the MC's laidback friend with the headband (even in FMA: Brotherhood, Roy Mustang can't really be called laidback, though when sharing the same screen time as Riza he did seem like the laidback one).

Te-he!

I could be completely wrong about this show as I was with Hataraku Maousama, Oregairu and White Album 2 in the past (three superior series in their respective seasons) but I've just watched too many anime and can now tell when something lacks substance (was right about sooooo many shows this season it's depressing).

In my defense dat MC, though! Ugh...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Oppai_are_life



Joined: 28 Mar 2014
Posts: 4
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:48 pm Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:
Especially since I find that the body types for the characters look the same. Males and females...it's as if they only changed the heads and clothes, but everyone uses the same body template.


You should look a bit closer. The ass shadows and breast sizes on the females are a good indicator of the subtle differences between them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wrangler



Joined: 11 Nov 2007
Posts: 1209
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:10 pm Reply with quote
The show looks interesting, hopefully it will live up to all the flashy trailer hype. It reminds me of a different take of Gundam of Fangs of the Sun Dougram.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ali07



Joined: 01 Jun 2014
Posts: 3226
Location: Victoria, Australia
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:21 am Reply with quote
Oppai_are_life wrote:
Ali07 wrote:
Especially since I find that the body types for the characters look the same. Males and females...it's as if they only changed the heads and clothes, but everyone uses the same body template.


You should look a bit closer. The ass shadows and breast sizes on the females are a good indicator of the subtle differences between them.

I noticed them. Those differences are subtle for a reason, very small changes to the same template still seems generic to me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group