• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Digital Manga Adds Supernatural Manga Iris Zero

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:02 am Reply with quote
Fun stuff. I know I'll be getting a copy of this someday. Kinda wish more chapters come out monthly though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Detrimont

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:28 am Reply with quote
but i wanted it in print... oh well...
Nosgoroth

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:50 am Reply with quote
Aww, I would've bought a print release of this even though I own the original japanese releases. Digital, I'm not so sure.
Ali07

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:47 am Reply with quote
Not knowing anything about the company that will be releasing this...am I to assume it will only be seeing a digital release? Or has this company printed anything before?

As for the manga itself, I like the premise of it. Would be one I'd get if it were to see print.

And, looking into the series a bit, seems to be some talk about the creator has had some health issues and that this series has become bi-monthly.
Student no.0

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:25 am Reply with quote
Detrimont wrote:
but i wanted it in print... oh well...

Nosgoroth wrote:
Aww, I would've bought a print release of this even though I own the original japanese releases. Digital, I'm not so sure.

Ali07 wrote:
Not knowing anything about the company that will be releasing this...am I to assume it will only be seeing a digital release? Or has this company printed anything before?

As for the manga itself, I like the premise of it. Would be one I'd get if it were to see print.

And, looking into the series a bit, seems to be some talk about the creator has had some health issues and that this series has become bi-monthly.

DMG usually gets print additions out once they see there's enough demand. I guess the best we can do for the moment is continue to spread the word and comment on our want for a physical release on DMG's twitter or go on their eManga site and send them emails through the contacts they give us in the 'Contact Us' link in the lower right of the site.
Ali07

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:09 am Reply with quote
Student no.0 wrote:
DMG usually gets print additions out once they see there's enough demand.

Good to know that some of their stuff does see print. Unfortunate how I can't do much apart from spreading the word. Hopefully digital readers end up taking a shine to this title, as I would really like to see it printed so I can read it for myself.
Spark_

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:15 am Reply with quote
I can't tell you how happy I am about this, but digital kinda sucks. I was really hoping for print D:

I'm just going to thank my lucky stars that someone actually licensed this. It's one of my favorite manga and I was pretty much just intensely hoping someone would pick it up once it came back from hiatus.
Student no.0

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:42 am Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:
Student no.0 wrote:
DMG usually gets print additions out once they see there's enough demand.

Good to know that some of their stuff does see print. Unfortunate how I can't do much apart from spreading the word. Hopefully digital readers end up taking a shine to this title, as I would really like to see it printed so I can read it for myself.

Yeah, for now I'm probably holding back from buying until physical releases are available. I love the idea of making the MC 'unique' by actually making him 'ordinary' by our standards.
Nosgoroth

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:07 am Reply with quote
Student no.0 wrote:
DMG usually gets print additions out once they see there's enough demand. I guess the best we can do for the moment is continue to spread the word and comment on our want for a physical release on DMG's twitter or go on their eManga site and send them emails through the contacts they give us in the 'Contact Us' link in the lower right of the site.

Thanks.

* Tweeted at them asking for a print release.
* Emailed them to their eManga address with the same (and reporting a SQL error)
* Did my part in spreading the word
* Went ahead and bought the digital release anyway. Charging for different formats is not nice, by the way!

I hope the message gets strong enough, I love this manga.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:20 am Reply with quote
Well I really do like this manga but the author is all ways sick
Student no.0

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:28 am Reply with quote
firedragon54738 wrote:
Well I really do like this manga but the author is all ways sick

Hopefully it isn't anything life-threatening. Bi-monthly is still better than hiatus, and the fact that they're continuing it this way seems to indicate the artist's condition isn't a serious as before.
Niyari

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:10 pm Reply with quote
welp. RIP, Iris Zero licensing
chichiriNoDa

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:07 pm Reply with quote
I love this series! But I hate Digital Copy. :/

Hoping and praying for a physical print.

This series is addicting and quite original.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Student no.0

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:47 pm Reply with quote
chichiriNoDa wrote:
I love this series! But I hate Digital Copy. :/

Hoping and praying for a physical print.

This series is addicting and quite original.

The mention of ocular powers kinda reminds me of this season's MekakuCity Actors,mwhich is another great bonus.

You should let Digital Manga Publishing and other fans know about your want for a physical release on twitter or e-mail.
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:01 pm Reply with quote
I'll have to pick up this series at some point. I really have nothing against digital. Considering you're able to keep series from eManga permanently (same as with Sublime and Gen Manga) I don't get all the people so upset over this.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2