• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Inou Battle Within Everyday Life (TV).

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:36 pm Reply with quote

Inou Battle Within Everyday Life (TV)

Genres: comedy, romance, school, supernatural

Based on the light novel of the same name to be animated by studio Trigger.

Plot Summary: Half a year ago, the four members of a literature club, as well as the elementary school niece of their faculty adviser, were bestowed with supernatural powers. The boy in the club, Ando Jurai, became able to produce black flames. The girls acquired a variety of powerful abilities: Tomoyo could slow, speed, or stop time, Hatoko could control the five elements (earth, water, fire, wind, light), little Chifuyu could create things, and Sayumi could repair objects or heal living things. However, since they gained these powers, nothing has really changed in their everyday life. Why have they been given these powers in the first place? Will the heroic fantasy life they imagined these powers would bring ever actually arrive?
----------------------------------

By Studio Trigger. After watching the latest Kill la Kill OVA from the studio, I am actually somewhat hyped to see this. The PV doesn't seem to hint too much but that premise sounds like fun. I wonder how much the MC will get themselves into trouble D:

Expecting 1 cour though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:39 pm Reply with quote
Episode 1:

This reminded me of D-Frag except there are more variety of powers. I'm not sure how I feel about this yet. A lot of stuff happened and it felt kinda rushed. I like the overall comedy of it so far though but didn't impress me that much. Also, spoiler[it looks like the main cast will all get a lot of screen time collectively as they are all introduced in this first episode.]

My favorite power so far would be the spoiler[Over Element].
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:59 pm Reply with quote
Ju-kun spoiler[pranks just kept hitting the wrong targets.
His make belief turned into something real.
School girls with super powers]
... what can possibly go wrong.
As expected, first problem has emerged.
This has the possibility to turn into something interesting.
Might give it a try.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:11 pm Reply with quote
So the guy is a useless Dark Flame Master, red head is an inferior Homura, gray hair is a superior Avatar, black hair has an inferior version of Tatsuya's revive skill and the loli can create anything she likes.
L'Imperatore

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:12 pm Reply with quote
I swear I've heard that Upside-down Guy's "kha kha!" laugh somewhere...
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:51 am Reply with quote
Episode 1

It must really suck to spoiler[finally get powers after wishing for them only to end up with something totally useless]. I kind of hope there might be spoiler[some change eventually, like being useful in specific situations, maybe he could cover his body in it, since it is lukewarm it would not hurt him and could obscure vision].

I did like the bit where spoiler[his wild accusations became true].
Merida

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:01 am Reply with quote
"Dark and Dark" must be the best superpower name ever. Laughing

I had zero expectation for this show but it turned out surprisingly fun. I just hope it will keep the light tone and won't get dark and darker because this season is seriously lacking as far as good comedy is concerned...
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:06 am Reply with quote
L'Imperatore wrote:
I swear I've heard that Upside-down Guy's "kha kha!" laugh somewhere...

I had the same feeling and this morning on the bus, it hit me: the Student Council Prez from Sket Dance had the same laugh. I checked the Encylopedia and that seiyuu, Tomokazu Seki, is not listed in the limited cast list for this show.

Chances are the kha kha laugh is kind of like the ouji-sama laugh in that it is a recognizable style that doesn't belong to a specific seiyuu (although it is obviously much more rare than the ouji-sama laugh). So you may have heard the kha kha laugh somewhere other than Sket Dance.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:12 am Reply with quote
Koikawa laughs like that in Mushibugyo
Cam0

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:13 pm Reply with quote
What the heck is a chuuni?!
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:23 pm Reply with quote
It's a slang term for a Japanese student who has trouble distinguishing fantasy from reality. Generally, he or she fantasizes about having special powers and being caught up in a struggle with supernatural forces. Chūnibyō demo Koi ga Shitai! (english title: Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions!) is a show that is based around a female "chuuni."
Cam0

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:41 pm Reply with quote
So is that a well known term? In Japan I mean because outside the title of that particular anime this is the first time I've encountered that term. Was just odd seeing a Japanese term, that I didn't know, on Crunchyroll.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:51 pm Reply with quote
I honestly don't know how well-known the term is in Japan. I certainly wasn't aware of it as a "thing" until Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions! came out.
meiam

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:21 pm Reply with quote
Honestly surprised at how much I enjoyed it, I just hope it doesn't devolve into fan service harem and I'll probably greatly enjoy it. Oh another thing I hope doesn't happen, the main character power turning out to be that he can give other people power but he doesn't realize it, I love Haruhi, but it already exist and does not need to be re done so soon.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:28 pm Reply with quote
I thought there was a suggestion in the closing that the dark fire might actually be useful for something, he just hasn't figured it out yet.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9