• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Best Spring 2011 Anime!

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What is your favorite show so far?
Happy Kappy
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Nichijou
7%
 7%  [ 5 ]
C
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Gintama'
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Deadman Wonderland
5%
 5%  [ 4 ]
Denpa Onna
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Steins;Gate
27%
 27%  [ 19 ]
Moshidora
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
AnoHana
10%
 10%  [ 7 ]
Blue Exorcist
7%
 7%  [ 5 ]
Tiger & Bunny
17%
 17%  [ 12 ]
The World God Only Knows 2
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Hanasaku Iroha
8%
 8%  [ 6 ]
Hyouge Mono
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
Lotte's Toy
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 69

egoist

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 4:21 pm Reply with quote
So, since it's already over half of the Spring season, it's time for a little poll.

I'll be cutting a few based on the volume of ongoing discussion on these forums and personal experience (since I'm watching nearly everything anyway).

For me it's still Steins;Gate, of course. I'd say C is doing unexpectedly better than I thought, while Blue Exorcist, and Iroha are somewhat consistent while Deadman Wonderland isn't living up to my [huge] expectations, but it's still in the same spot nonetheless (4th of top 5).
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Most definitely Nichijou for me. I've made it no secret that I'm a lover of pure comedies, and Nichijou is one of the better ones I've seen. I'm either constantly grabbing my stomach or have a huge smile on my face whenever I watch this. Every second is just funny in one way or another.

I do hate how people want to group it with Azumanga Daioh, Lucky Star, and whatnot, though, because it's nothing like those. Nichijou has jokes and gags and is off the wall wacky; not a bunch of visual gags or funny wordplay (though it does has those). Nichijou is much more School Rumble or Fumoffu than the others I mentioned.

AnoHana, though, is a close second. In fact, both Nichijou and AnoHana tower over the other shows I'm watching, and I really like most everything else I'm watching.

The overall list would go something like:
Nichijou
AnoHana
-
-
Denpa Onna
Sket Dance
-
Enma-kun (although I suspect the subs are very liberal, but it's cool since it's quite funny)
Blue Exorcist
Hanasaku Iroha
-
-
-
Hen Zemi (what a disappointment this is)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 5:20 pm Reply with quote
Hate to be a little punk again (nah- no I don't) and pick an unlisted one but...

at this point I look forward to Azazel-san the most, so I guess that's the default winner. With NIchijou being a close second.

With the caveat that a good ending to AnoHana or Hanasaku Iroha could elevate them greatly.

Unfortunately Denpa Onna Otoko has really been losing esteem by not actually going anywhere and acting too much like a typical harem. It's still good but without a really tremendous ending its not going to end up being all that memorable.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
egoist

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 5:22 pm Reply with quote
I'm really enjoying Azazel-san, but I didn't think anyone would pick it as a favorite. I generally underestimate comedy and loathe romance, and that's no news.
12skippy21

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 6:59 pm Reply with quote
I hate polls, forcing me to choose one show feels unnatural. I also chose Stein's Gate because it has been consistently good and since I love mystery series. My full listing would be:

1) Stein's Gate
2) Kaiji 2 (You missed this off, how dare you egoist!)
3) Ano Hana
4) Deadman Wonderland
5) Blue Exorcist
5) C
5) The World God Only Knows 2
8) Hanasaku Iroha
9) Tiger and Bunny
10) Nichijou
11) Hen Zemi
12) Lotte's Toy

That is all I am watching this season, the reason for the three 5's being I cannot choose between them yet.
egoist

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 7:14 pm Reply with quote
Oh, Kaiji 2. What form of sadistic being would call it a favorite anyway? Laughing
kimbeey13

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 9:04 pm Reply with quote
Right now it's Pretty Rhythm Aurora Dream! Why, oh why wasn't this show an option? You've shattered my feelings and buried the pieces deep within the dark, cold ground, egoist! ...Nah, just kidding. My favorite right now is Steins;Gate, but I feel like Moshidora could pass it. I'll have to see what my feeling are when I'm finished with them both.
Darksorrow29

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 1:04 pm Reply with quote
This season has been great for me with a lot of fun shows to watch, but my favorite right now is Ano Hana (5 episodes in).

After that would be Denpa (5 episodes in) and maybe Hanasaku Iroha (7 eps) but that maybe changing.

To give you a better idea of my vote, here is what else im watching.

Steins Gate (3 episodes)
Tiger and Bunny (6)
Hidan no Aria (3)
C (3)
Mishidora (1) - on hold or dropped
Exorcist (3)
Enma (6)
Wonderland (3 or 4)
MariaHolic Alive (2)
Azazel-san (5 or 6)
Hen Zemi (7) - for the lulz
Lotte's Toy (1) - on hold or dropped
A Channel (2) - on hold or dropped
Sket Dance (1) - on hold or dropped

As you can see I'm not exactly caught up on everything because I watch a lot of shows with a friend, which has less flexibility. My voting could easily change when they all level out.
egoist

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 4:01 pm Reply with quote
kimbeey13 wrote:
Why, oh why wasn't this show an option?

Exactly because I watched its first episode! It doesn't even fit as a magical girl show, so no idea what kind of fangirl it could attract. Laughing
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:25 pm Reply with quote
I chose Hanasaku Iroha, which probably isn't fair to others on the list. However, I have to stick with what I've seen, and this means my vote is subject to change (though I'll do it in a post).

It'll be interesting to see if any future series to be released will knock this one of out my #1 spot for 2011.

Needless to say, when this one's licensed, it's going into my plastic coaster collection.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:04 pm Reply with quote
I voted for Steins;Gate as it is my favorite of this season. It is also the show I enjoy the most and eagerly wait for each week.

Not sure what other shows are the "best" of this season, but I'd probably choose AnoHana and Hanasaku Iroha. Denpa Onna has an interesting form of entertainment though. It is also probably one of the high tiers for ranking.
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:42 pm Reply with quote
Was tempted to vote for Happy Kappy but I'm pretty sure I like Steins;Gate better.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Polls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1