• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: RiffTrax Comedy Crew Spoofs 90s Godzilla in Theaters

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The_way67

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:35 pm Reply with quote
Meh. You want my money? Then make the clip of some of your past work show more/funnier. That wasn't good enough for my handout.
mdo7

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:14 pm Reply with quote
Wow, I didn't expect ANN to be releasing news on Rifftrax (although I understand the Godzilla segment makes it significant). Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
EricJ2

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:43 pm Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
Wow, I didn't expect ANN to be releasing news on Rifftrax (although I understand the Godzilla segment makes it significant). Smile

Yeah, it's a bit of a stretch, and watching the RT guys pick on 90's geek-movies got old by the third Twilight or Transformers movies.
(And having them spam my e-mail literally every day with "Only 3-2-1 more days until we riff Sharknado!" isn't endearing me to their post-series "creativity" any either.)

I saved my money for the last farewell Cinematic Titanic show in our city. Sad
Wrangler

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:31 pm Reply with quote
I'm fan of MST3K, i like the some of the early Rifftrax stuff that was done. Godzilla is by far one their more famous movies series to riff.

I hope i can see it to be able really judge if the guys have lost their touch or not.
EricJ2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:45 pm Reply with quote
Wrangler wrote:
I'm fan of MST3K, i like the some of the early Rifftrax stuff that was done. Godzilla is by far one their more famous movies series to riff.

I hope i can see it to be able really judge if the guys have lost their touch or not.

Again, check out some of the Cinematic Titanic videos if RT is all you've heard of--
Mike, Kevin & Bill are a fairground band, but CT reunited the "smart" performers who left before the Season 6 "Brain drain".

Oh, and they also go back to the show's concept of doing strange obscure movies, not easy pop-culture-punchline targets:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksqb8-7dPDI
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1