• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Otakon 2014 - Crunchyroll Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JonLa

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:23 pm Reply with quote
Didn't anyone ask them when they're going to put all of the manga on their tablet apps? I can't be the only one who finds it impossible to use their web browser reader but perfect on a tablet?
st_owly

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:33 pm Reply with quote
They have an iPhone app specifically for manga, so I assume they have an iPad version too. Don't know or care about Android, but I assume they have apps for it as well.
JonLa

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:08 pm Reply with quote
Sure, but not all of the titles are available on it. Certainly a couple of the Moyocco Anno titles just aren't there.
zensunni

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:19 am Reply with quote
It would be nice to know when they will be getting the first 11 volumes of A Town Where You Live up. I'd like to re-read it from the beginning, but not from volume 12... That is, frankly, after the best part of the manga when it was dragging on to long.
agila61

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:14 pm Reply with quote
JonLa wrote:
Sure, but not all of the titles are available on it. Certainly a couple of the Moyocco Anno titles just aren't there.

If its a regularity like that, its probably a licensing restriction.

On the flip side of licensing restrictions, one thing notable about these Manga titles is their broad regional availability: GTO: Paradise Lost is worldwide ex-Japan except for what appears to be somebodies definition of French & German speaking countries (excluding Algeria, Lebanon, Belgium, France, Germany, Luxembourg, Morocco and Switzerland), while the other five are worldwide ex-Japan.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1