• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Yamato 2199 Film's 'Must-See' Trailer Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fronzel

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:23 pm Reply with quote
Maybe all those new characters will actually get to do something or maybe Kodai will grow a personality.

Nah.
Arsenette

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:25 pm Reply with quote
I am a huge fan of the original and was very pleased with the remake. Curious what this stand alone story will look like. I'm honestly just waiting for Comet Empire. Very Happy
Wrangler

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:45 pm Reply with quote
This side-adventure looks like its going be good. I think its more episode than than a movie event though. I'm getting old, my blood gots pumping when Battleship Yamato theme started to play during the video.

My only fear is that info on the film series says its will end the Yamato once and for all. god i hope not, this such a good revival of the series/genre, I wanted them to go on. I guess want go out on top I suppose.

spoiler[What weird universe, the Yamato's original Imperial Japanese Battleship version on planet in a middle of a jungle.]
penguintruth

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:07 pm Reply with quote
It's too bad Voyager Entertainment will either never bring this over, or we'll never know, since they don't advertise, and their prices are ridiculous.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Arsenette

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:44 pm Reply with quote
Oh they already confirmed Comet Empire (The one with Treleina) just will take a bit to do it since it's another 24 episode. I'm stoked!
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Looking forward to this.
ihate4kids

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:00 pm Reply with quote
Can't wait to see history repeat itself

ie., release a movie that claims to be the end of the story, but proves successful enough yo be retooled into becoming a second season
The Nagabuchi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:33 pm Reply with quote
Arsenette wrote:
Oh they already confirmed Comet Empire (The one with Treleina) just will take a bit to do it since it's another 24 episode. I'm stoked!

No, unfortunately there has been no confirmation of a second series. Theres no teaser or announcement at the end of the movie either.
Speaking of which, it's a lot like the Cowboy Bebop movie - an extended episode. It's fun enough but doesnt add all that much and drags terribly in the middle. The battles that bookend it made it worth a watch and it was fun enough but it failed to bring anything new to the table imo. I was expecting more.

(and before anyone says anything, I believe the above comments are generic enough to avoid any real spoilers)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1