• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: GitS's Motoko Hacks Into Psycho-Pass Sibyl System; Plus a Visit From Assassination Classro

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:27 pm Reply with quote
I wonder what color Korosensei's Psycho-Pass is.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:21 pm Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:

He probably be Asymptomatic.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:18 pm Reply with quote
#812055 wrote:
SpacemanHardy wrote:

He probably be Asymptomatic.

Or a clear Hue, since he seems to be cool as ice, that one.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:44 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Twitter posted a photo of Motoko Kusanagi infiltrating the Sibyl System, where she was immediately apprehended.

Oh come on. This is what I really hated about ARISE. I get that it's a prequel to the GITS we know and love, spoiler[but she was a HORRIBLE hacker that was constantly getting owned]
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:54 pm Reply with quote
Unless he only visited to play with the penguins, why Koro-sensei made that bone-chilling trek to Antarctica, one will never know.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:59 pm Reply with quote
Maybe to get some authentic Antarctican ice for a treat, since he seems to be pretty fond of sweets involving crushed ice. Or at least, that's the impression I get. Also, on that Twitter, someone has a Koro-sensei plush. I want that so much.

This is pretty random though, regarding these cameos from a bunch of different franchises.
partially

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:13 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Quote:
Twitter posted a photo of Motoko Kusanagi infiltrating the Sibyl System, where she was immediately apprehended.

Oh come on. This is what I really hated about ARISE. I get that it's a prequel to the GITS we know and love, spoiler[but she was a HORRIBLE hacker that was constantly getting owned]

My problem wasn't that she was spoiler[basically pretty incompetent], there is some basis for that, not much but some. It is that Tow seems to gravitate towards bombastic storylines, everything must be big and huge and gratifying. This was the problem with ARISE, it missed the point of GITS entirely. GITS is typically understated action, the plots are generally underhanded, backroom dealings, with infrequent action, it is contemplative. And while the plot of ARISE could have been this; the basis was fairly decent, instead 'cool' action stuff took precedence in the end. Well that and spoiler[the odd bits of inserted humour, and making Motoko a man-hungry woman that is joked about by her peers was just bizarre.] Linking the film, even as a media stunt to Psycho-Pass does not make me any more confident in the film. It speaks to the GITS movie being the same Tow as usual. The guy seriously needs to learn subtlety in storytelling. He comes up with interesting ideas, but his execution of them is nearly always ham-fisted.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1