• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ok so just my early stage introduction story that would set the stage for a new Danganronpa game.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Video Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What inspiration should a new Danganronpa title draw from most out of the series so far?
Danganronpa V3
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Dangaronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Danganronpa: Ultra Despair Girls
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 0

Despair_Lunatic89

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:20 am Reply with quote
Ok guys, tell me what you think of this as an early form of a basis to build a new Danganronpa with returning and newly introduced characters and how they would all be put in yet another murder mystery who dunnit?

FIrst off, is Kodaka against involving the Ultimate Despairs at all in any further projects concerning Danganronpa? If so, that is fine although I thinnk there is MASSIVE potential there as that cast is by far alot of fans faves from the whole series. However, if it would need to be something done completely fresh and a new take on the series, how about going darker routes with the plot as more accustomed to the way Danganronpa 2 Goodbye Despair played. It is by far the creepiest, yet unsettling and most unforgettable titles in the series for several reasons because the nightmares the students seem to keep facing just get worse and worse an the eclectic cast who are clearly a group of teens who are in backgrounds that could easily destroy the world if managed wrong or make it prosper. That sense of fear and dread and uncertainty as to what to expect was missing from Danganronpa V3. I mean I think Kodaka nailed the writing on how to raise the tension especially in chpater 3 with the 2 girls killed that was a spooky spooky chapter. I loved the darkness and the fact that their memories were coming back and they were learning their brutal fate as Ultimate Despairs.I think if Kodaka could seriously get some time to think up a new maybe Re Hope Peak Reopening Arc- with new students and Hope Peak leaders some of the of the heroes from the past such as Makoto and staff coming to work as talent scouters for the new reopening of a reshaped Academy of Hope. Some of the ex future foundation members could be employed here as teachers and talent scouts but something or someone is running the same ole tricks used before but this time, it would have to be some new threat never shown before. There is so much demand for this and I think many fans were heartbroken after learning Shuichi's and Maki's fates were all fictional. Lets start making em more in line with being non-fictional and canon. And have a twist in the plot somwhere that involves a returning player similar to Rantaro Amamis role in V3 but explored in much more depth. [/b]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Video Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1