• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Wolfsmund GN 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marzan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:59 am Reply with quote
The Bailiff certainly got what was coming to him. And how. This manga is one of the most violent and graphic I can remember. It becomes quite evident that the mangaka did her apprenticeship under Kentaro Miura of Berserk fame.

Does anyone know if this is ongoing in Japan? I cannot see more chapters coming out anywhere.
Mr_42

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:28 am Reply with quote
Marzan wrote:
Does anyone know if this is ongoing in Japan? I cannot see more chapters coming out anywhere.

Given how chapter 23 ended, I think it's safe to assume that the series is intended to continue but on the other hand I can't find anything that says that the series is on hiatus to explain the absence of chapters.

On most sites the release of chapter 23 was in December last year so I suppose it's just a matter of waiting to see if any more come out.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:13 pm Reply with quote
I reviewed this one back in the day too. Vol. 6 is a nice twist but the story now has a power vacuum. The orgy (i wouldn't call it as such) makes sense in historical context and was pretty short when compared to the nonsense Bastard or Übel Blatt Rolling Eyes have to offer.
This isn´t even the darkest volume as it featured more severe child rape earlier. A- it is and the latest chapters are great too. Ad Astra - Scipio to Hannibal is also a nice read.

Just like early Berserk 9/10

Wolfsmund is a top notch seinen in sort of historically accurate Switzerland (i am german) and surroundings. The Gotthard Pass actually exists but doesn´t have such a grueling history and the medieval life of the village folk and their struggles is very believable. To be fair the life of a medieval peasant wasn´t quite that horrible (but still not great) according to my history classes and Wilhelm Tell´s legend also took a drastically different ending but this isn´t a documentary so i am game. The art is very cool, unique and a major draw. If you are frustrated with all the shonen action blandness that has been far to successful in the last 10 years this is the remedy but be warned as the manga is one of the darkest on the market with graphic torture, unflinching child rape and much more. Thank you Fellows! but the series is so different from their usual quality lineup.
Berserk (Mitsuhisa used to be a former assistant of Miura and it shows), Historie and Vinland Saga (all 3 are a 10/10) should be your next steps for quality R-rated and historically inclined manga.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1