• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Netflix Aims to Eventually Produce Anime

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:01 am Reply with quote
Well now that would be interesting.....if they plan to release some of those next year. Also looking forward to Ajin for Winter.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:11 am Reply with quote
So long as Netflix also makes good English dubs to go with the shows they produce/create I'll be Happy. Very Happy

Last edited by AnimeLordLuis on Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Swiftyy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:13 am Reply with quote
Looks like everybody wants a piece of action regarding being on the production committee.
GEO9875

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:26 am Reply with quote
Would they be hiring Japanese talent or is this like american produced anime?
endallchaos

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:28 am Reply with quote
Well, I hope they make anime for older audiences, and not stuff like 'Doraemon' or something... Laughing
Lostlorn Forest

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:36 am Reply with quote
Pretty sure they'll be English voices only. Which probably wouldn't be bad because they're not dubbing over anything this time.
theNightster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:45 am Reply with quote
assuming this will be something like RWBY
brucepuppy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:45 am Reply with quote
endallchaos wrote:
Well, I hope they make anime for older audiences, and not stuff like 'Doraemon' or something... Laughing

Doraemon is pretty good y'know. I'm more concerned if they'll make some sexualized garbage show. Sure it's for older audience but I'll choose Doraemon over it anytime without second thought.
dark13

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:51 am Reply with quote
so at what mark dose he talk about anime ?
Agent355

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:09 am Reply with quote
[quote="Lostlorn Forest"]Pretty sure they'll be English voices only. Which probably wouldn't be bad because they're not dubbing over anything this time.[/quote
I wouldn't assume that at all, because Netflix exclusive anime like Knights of Sidonia and Seven Deadly Sins are available in multiple languages--Japanese and English, of course, but also French and Spanish and some others. If Netflix is serious about international production, I don't see why they wouldn't be involved with a Japanese studio making real anime that would be released in a myriad of languages worldwide on the same day.
infamoustakai

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:16 am Reply with quote
dark13 wrote:
so at what mark dose he talk about anime ?

It's in the last 2 minutes, at 30:30 to be exact. I had to watch the entire thing to learn that. GG Anime News Network.

If Netflix can, I think that would be interesting. I would assume they would hire some Japanese studio to do it, kind of like how he was talking about hiring Brazilian actors and director for other international projects. So this would be sort of like watch Cartoon Network did with shows like IGPX and The Big O 2. This could be a good thing. Or bad. We'll see I guess.
endallchaos

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:34 am Reply with quote
brucepuppy wrote:
endallchaos wrote:

Doraemon is pretty good y'know. I'm more concerned if they'll make some sexualized garbage show. Sure it's for older audience but I'll choose Doraemon over it anytime without second thought.

Doraemon is meant for kids, though. When I said 'for older audience', I meant a more mature story/ies. Something like 'Mushishi', Psycho-Pass, or Texhnolyze. I don't want a fan-service type of show, either.
EricJ2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:02 am Reply with quote
I have a better idea, Netflix...Why don't you LICENSE some existing anime??
(It would help solve the problem of movies and series disappearing off of subscription series, "exclusive" series filling in the void, and American anime co-productions always being lame generic mecha shows.)

I'd even settle for their Disney connection getting the X-D dubbed Doraemon series. Very Happy
Nonaka Machine Gun B

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:12 am Reply with quote
I guess the fastest way to success would be to produce sequels, if at all possible to convince the major companies involved. Basically, what they did with Arrested Development.
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:23 am Reply with quote
I do know Crunchyroll is going to start helping produce anime, I'd love it if Netflix did it, it means I'd see more anime on Netflix streaming, and that's great for me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7