• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Qualidea Code TV Anime Previewed in 3rd Promo Video, 2 New TV Ads

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:06 am Reply with quote
Why am I not surprised these promo videos are blocked in the U.S?
stonehand

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:17 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:

Really. I would like to see them so I can get an idea of the show.
Kanokun

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:00 am Reply with quote
Ugh blocked well you can watch the pv here at least don't see the CM's though http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4jkbgl_qualidea-code-pv3_tv
methedemon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:13 am Reply with quote
Kano-kun wrote:
Ugh blocked well you can watch the pv here at least don't see the CM's though http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4jkbgl_qualidea-code-pv3_tv

awesome, thanks .
relyat08

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:21 am Reply with quote
It's been said many times in the past, but it's still faceplamingly hilarious when promotional videos are region blocked...
msvitch

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:35 am Reply with quote
those enemies... hmmmmmmm
having mixed feelings
we'll see
Alabaster Spectrum

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:03 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:

Cause for some reason Aniplex always does that. They preach about trying to spread anime in America but there actions clearly show otherwise with how they are forever limiting access and trying to further the divide between regions. Anyway you really aren't missing much, it looks every bit like the schlock entertainment with popular people show of this season to sell the same old peoples theme songs and apparently promote some already fairly popular light novel writers I guess careers.

There's nothing about it that particularly stands out and there's even some kind of QUALITY action shots that look a little off after the initial and latest iteration of the Aldnoah.Zero blow up the whole damn city shot. Frankly if there's one thing I'm surprised about it's that they didn't just throw Sawano at this and the only reason I can think for that is because he was already tied up getting thrown at the latest Urobuchi thing. Goddamn are these I guess blockbuster action anime really starting to feel paint by numbers in design. Anime could really use a solid compelling TV original 26 episode action/sci-fi fantasy series with some decent writing again that isn't just another iteration of Gundam instead of yet more that are clearly meant to be popular based on the names of the people attached to the project who lately don't even have a lot of experience doing action series and are clearly in the wrong field.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:51 pm Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
It's been said many times in the past, but it's still faceplamingly hilarious when promotional videos are region blocked...

Yup, even more so when the show is already picked up for simulcasting in the US LOL
Blankslate

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:48 am Reply with quote
So it's like Blue Gender only with generic characters and a super generic art design? Count me out.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1