Qualidea Code TV Anime Previewed in 3rd Promo Video, 2 New TV Ads
posted on by Crystalyn Hodgkins
Marvelous began streaming a third promotional video and two commercials on Monday for the Qualidea Code television anime. The promotional video previews LiSA's opening theme song "Brave Freak Out," and the two ads preview ClariS' first ending theme song "Gravity" and GARNiDELiA's second ending theme song "Yakusoku -Promise Code-."
The series will premiere on July 9, and Crunchyroll will stream the series worldwide outside of Asia.
The show's cast includes:
- Chika Anzai as Asuha Chigusa, the head of Chiba City
- Yūma Uchida as Kasumi Chigusa, the subhead of Chiba City
- Sōma Saitō as Ichiya Suzaku, the head of Tokyo City
- Yui Ishikawa as Canaria Utara, the subhead of Tokyo City
- Aoi Yūki as Maihime Tenkawa, the head of Kanagawa City
- Ayaka Fukuhara as Hotaru Rindo, the subhead of Kanagawa City
- Sora Amamiya as Seiki Yaegaki (name romanization not confirmed), a girl in charge of support for Maihime Tenkawa
- Hiroaki Hirata as Kyūtoku Asanagi (name romanization not confirmed), affiliated with the Southern Kantō Administration Bureau
- Mamiko Noto as Airi Ibunami (name romanization not confirmed), affiliated with the Southern Kantō Administration Bureau
The anime takes place in a world where humans are continuing to fight a war against an enemy called UNKNOWN. UNKNOWN invaded several decades ago, and children entered a cold sleep to escape the invasion. When the children awoke, they found themselves with supernatural powers. The children set up defense cities in Tokyo, Kanagawa, and Chiba in order to protect the country from the UNKNOWN, who appear through the Tokyo Bay Gate.
Qualidea Code is part of an overall multimedia project by five publishers: Shueisha's Dash X Bunko imprint, Kadokawa's Fujimi Fantasia Bunko imprint, Kadokawa's MF Bunko J imprint, Shogakukan's Gagaga Bunko imprint, and Shueisha's Jump SQ. magazine.
Speakeasy — the author unit made up of Sou Sagara (HENNEKO/The "Hentai" Prince and the Stony Cat.), Koushi Tachibana (Date A Live), and Wataru Watari (My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU) — is in charge of the original concept for the project alongside Marvelous. The three authors are also writing the anime's scripts.
Inside the world of the multimedia project, Sou Sagara is in charge of the Tokyo story, Koushi Tachibana is in charge of the Kanagawa story, and Wataru Watari is in charge of the Chiba story.
Kenichi Kawamura (Rozen Maiden, SoniAni: Super Sonico the Animation) is directing the anime at A-1 Pictures. Matsuryū (Queen's Blade 2: The Evil Eye, Shōjo-tachi wa Kōya o Mezasu) drew the original character designs, and Hisayuki Tabata (Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works, Yuyushiki) is adapting those designs for animation. Taku Iwasaki (Gurren Lagann, Noragami, Soul Eater) is composing the music.