• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Mahō Shōjo Nante Mō Ii Desu Kara. TV Anime's Ad Previews Cast

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kileymik

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:06 am Reply with quote
Looks like pedophilic pandering garbage. They really wanted that pan over of her crotch, didn't they?
Catsplay

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:26 am Reply with quote
Kileymik wrote:
Looks like pedophilic pandering garbage. They really wanted that pan over of her crotch, didn't they?

Loli type shows don't promote actual pedophilia, it's fiction. Settle down or you'll burn yourself out there with that moral highground bs.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:35 am Reply with quote
Sign me up. Just what the doctor ordered. Seems like a short show, actually. And that's great. Short and to the point. Thanks, Japan. I can always count on you for my ecchi needs.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:24 am Reply with quote
I think this is a short anime if its timeslot is an indication. Anyway, this looks like an interesting take on the magical girl genre.
Ali07

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:00 am Reply with quote
Camera angle in that PV has let me know this isn't a show for me. Had that feeling from the other info here on ANN. But, that's okay, not every anime out there is something I want to check out. Now I know for sure that this is one of those.
vonPeterhof

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:34 am Reply with quote
The original manga is actually a pretty tame comedy without much titillation, with most of the humour being derived from poking gentle fun at magical girl fiction and subverting genre expectations. But then, it's not like there aren't any precedents of anime adaptations dialling up the fanservice...
Lostlorn Forest

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:37 am Reply with quote
Kileymik wrote:

Glad I'm not the only one who gets seriously creeped out by this stuff. But alas, this is what a huge portion of the anime fanbase lusts after, so that's what they're given. There's no real point in fighting it so instead I just stick to the good stuff and good people.
bored-otaku

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:45 am Reply with quote
Lostlorn Forest wrote:
I just stick to the good stuff and good people.

So people who watch such content are deemed "bad" in your book? Wow. What a narrow-minded person you are. I watch such content and I do volunteer work for local community organizations when I'm not busy getting my education at an institution of higher knowledge. But, hey, if that makes me a bad person, I'm cool with that. Maybe I'll be the worst person in the world if I find a cure for cancer, won't I?
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:46 am Reply with quote
I really feel like people are overreacting on this one. We will have to wait and see, but I am inclined to think that if they were to "dial up the fanservice" this would not be a short. At least my mind is so saturated of panty shots that most of the time I no longer notice them (yeah, they are that common and it is not a trend that started recently) unless someone makes a deal of it like in this thread.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:06 pm Reply with quote
Lostlorn Forest wrote:
There's no real point in fighting it so instead I just stick to the good stuff and good people.

Oh, wow, guess I'll call my local church and tell them I can't help out at the soup kitchen anymore, since I'm a bad person for watching loli anime. Some people....
fathergoat

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Anime is the work of the devil and you're all terrible people.

Now that that's out of the way.. That preview didn't interest me in the slightest. I might have a look when it comes out but it just looks really generic.
KH91

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:45 pm Reply with quote
This looks interesting. I'll add it to my to watch list. Razz

Kileymik wrote:

Problem? Don't bash it, just embrace what it is and ignore it.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:12 pm Reply with quote
Catsplay wrote:
Kileymik wrote:

Loli type shows don't promote actual pedophilia, it's fiction. Settle down or you'll burn yourself out there with that moral highground bs.

Nevertheless, it's pretty clear what they're going for and who they're selling to, and it's off-putting to me (though I am clearly not part of their target audience).
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:24 pm Reply with quote
Seems kinda cute, hopefully it's a short, it looks a bit cheap.
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:35 am Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:
Catsplay wrote:
Kileymik wrote:

Nevertheless, it's pretty clear what they're going for and who they're selling to, and it's off-putting to me (though I am clearly not part of their target audience).

Let me remind you people that if you are going to throw the P-word around, it applies only to attraction to prepubescent individuals and our main heroine in this series is in middle school (as in, she is a teenager). So no, calling this pedo-bait is no different than calling the original Sailor Moon such (and there were swimsuits/panty shots in that one too). What was it about a book and its cover ...

Hoppy800 wrote:
it looks a bit cheap.

TBT anything by Earthsea comes in one of three categories:

1) Full episode cheap
2) Short episode cheap
3) Shoe-string cheap
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2