• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shelf Life - Space Adventure Cobra: The Movie

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:02 pm Reply with quote
as a side note tokyo esp and ga.rei zero are by the same author. more specifically, the magnas in which both animes are based off are by teh same mangak, tho ga-rei zero is a prequel to the actual manga and better than it.
relyat08

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:21 pm Reply with quote
So, anyone who has seen No-Rin have any opinions on it? I'm actually curious, to be honest. The premise sounds like it has potential to be a pretty nice character piece.
FackuIkari

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:08 pm Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
So, anyone who has seen No-Rin have any opinions on it? I'm actually curious, to be honest. The premise sounds like it has potential to be a pretty nice character piece.

It's an average comedy, forgettable to the point that you don't remember anything about it after 2 weeks.
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:39 pm Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:

The show's okay, but the dub is a homerun with it's insult comedy, it's not afraid to curse and go the extra mile for a joke, I'm on episode eight and I've heard a few words i would not say in front of my mother, including but not limited to " A**Hole, Wh**re, Slut, and other what not."

Also i just heard the line "Miso Horny." and I laughed. Tai Ballard crushes it as the teacher.

Fine show but this might actually be one of the best dubs recent memory.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:56 pm Reply with quote
Dang Frances, my hat's off to you on your Tales collection. I'm quite jealous. :D
xchampion

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:23 pm Reply with quote
I would love to show my shelves but unfortunately I don't have any space so I have most of my anime, manga, video games, and live action movies and tv shows in several huge 40 gallon storage tubs in the garage. I have no place to put them and show them off. I'll send them into Shelf Life one of these days Very Happy
relyat08

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:25 pm Reply with quote
@FackuIkari and Snakebit1995

Thanks for the help! It sounds like I might have to give it an episode or two when I'm bored.

@XChampion

Do it!!
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:46 pm Reply with quote
If I may ask an arguably practical question here, is the main character's posterior depicted in the top-right corner of the preview image?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
NeoStrayCat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:51 pm Reply with quote
^No, I'm seeing a wide view shot in it, and that's his left arm there, I presume.

Anyways, lately, these shelf life reviews seem to be 1 title each week, and not 2 or more than they used to, I hope more like that returns someday, also, nice shelves, titles, and signatures, lol. X3
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:14 pm Reply with quote
Everything I know about Space Adventure Cobra, I learned from the infamous MST3K-style riff of the Sega CD game. It's nice to hear that the movie is just as ridiculous as the game.
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:49 pm Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
@FackuIkari and Snakebit1995

Thanks for the help! It sounds like I might have to give it an episode or two when I'm bored.

@XChampion

Do it!!

I'd recommend episode 6, there a It was Me Dio joke as well as a Lon winded schtick about "Yogurt Bukake."
Gabbomatic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:40 pm Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:
If I may ask an arguably practical question here, is the main character's posterior depicted in the top-right corner of the preview image?

i can't unsee this now thanks
Arale Kurashiki

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:50 pm Reply with quote
IT'S THE COBRA COMBAT CROUCH (TM)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1