• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Monsters vs. Aliens' Rob Letterman Directs Live-Action Pokémon Film

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EnigmaticSky

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:03 am Reply with quote
If you're going to do a live action pokemon movie, this is probably the way to do it. Could be cute.
Emma Iveli

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:47 am Reply with quote
I have faith in the writers, if it weren't for them I would be against this idea for a Pokemon movie (other Pokemon movie ideas I'd be fine with). But when you combine Alex Hirsch with one of the writers of Guardians of the Galaxy... It's going to be a fun, awesome movie with twists and turns!

But I'm unsure about the director, I've only seen Monsters VS. Aliens, which was a fun movie... I really hope he does a good job.

Also I know I said this when they announced the writers but... There needs to be fan art of Detective Pikachu meeting Ducktective! It has to be done! (If there is already send me a link...)
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:31 pm Reply with quote
Why do I have the feeling this ISN'T going to go well? Call me crazy but we're looking at a bomb here. If this isn't done right,it'll be in "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band"/"Battlefield Earth"/"Plan 9 from Outer Space" territory. Well,it seems they have competent people here. It isn't like someone's resurrected Ed Wood and lobbying to get him on the project. But still,a part of me thinks that a live-action version of "Pokemon" isn't going to do very well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1