• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Minami Kamakura High School Girls Cycling Club Anime's 1st Promo Video Reveals Stage Play Adap

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:23 am Reply with quote
While I prefer that they should have used the manga's art, the anime's is nice on its own. I do not get why they hired a male singer for this. I hope this will not be disastrous like Loooooooooooooooooong Riders.
Grest

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:11 am Reply with quote
John Hayabusa wrote:
While I prefer that they should have used the manga's art, the anime's is nice on its own. I do not get why they hired a male singer for this. I hope this will not be disastrous like Loooooooooooooooooong Riders.

Ikasan is a female singer....
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Grest wrote:
John Hayabusa wrote:

I was talking about the singer for the ED who is male. If I am correct, he was singing along with a girl in the PV. Nothing against him but I just find it odd that a female-dominated anime would have him perform the ED song.
Grest

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:03 pm Reply with quote
John Hayabusa wrote:
Grest wrote:
John Hayabusa wrote:

I was talking about the singer for the ED who is male. If I am correct, he was singing along with a girl in the PV. Nothing against him but I just find it odd that a female-dominated anime would have him perform the ED song.

the male voice and the other voice is, is her....

http://utaite.wikia.com/wiki/Ikasan
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:53 pm Reply with quote
[quote="Grest"][quote="John Hayabusa"][quote="Grest"]
John Hayabusa wrote:

the male voice and the other voice is, is her....

http://utaite.wikia.com/wiki/Ikasan

Well I will be! My bad, I should have done some researching. It is cool that she was able to turn her weakness into something that got her to stardom. She would make a great seiyuu for really tomboyish girls with a deep voice. Thanks for pointing this out.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1