• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yuzo Takada Launches New 3x3 Eyes Manga on Thursday

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zztop

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:27 am Reply with quote
I wonder if this will increase the likelihood of 3x3 Eyes getting a full anime adaptation in the future, similar to old titles like Parasyte and Ushio & Tora.
j Talbain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:18 am Reply with quote
zztop wrote:
I wonder if this will increase the likelihood of 3x3 Eyes getting a full anime adaptation in the future, similar to old titles like Parasyte and Ushio & Tora.

I'd be so happy if they did. I mean it's as violent as Parasyte and is one of those hidden classics. It deserves a modern Anime adaptation.
Northlander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:18 am Reply with quote
It was kind of sad that the English release of the original manga got capped after its volume 8. It would've been nice to be able to read the entire manga of the first anime title I ever watched. (Well... at least purposefully.)
Crisha

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:29 am Reply with quote
@zztop - 35 volumes of the original manga that still hasn't been adapted? I don't know, man, that seems like a tall an order. I could see them poking around and adapting the next 5 volumes of the 3rd arc, but the 4th arc is still 30 volumes long. Maybe they could skip to the later volumes of the 4th arc. I haven't read most of the middle volumes (late teens and twenties), but from what I've heard a majority of them could probably be removed from an adaptation since the storyline veers away from the main plot.

I mean, I'd love more anime, but eh... I always saw that as a long shot. Not as long of a shot as getting a full manga release in America, but still long.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
EvilOmar78

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:38 am Reply with quote
Northlander wrote:
It was kind of sad that the English release of the original manga got capped after its volume 8. It would've been nice to be able to read the entire manga of the first anime title I ever watched. (Well... at least purposefully.)

I really wish that Dark Horse would just make an omnibus edition of this title, to get it all out here. I loved this manga. One of the first I ever picked up, before it was licensed by DH.
valoon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:48 am Reply with quote
Great! I loved this series since I watched it back then in 2012, still haven't finished the manga though, but the volumes around here cost around 40€.
Animechic420

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:08 am Reply with quote
I remember 3x3 Eyes being one of the first anime I watched on Encore when we first got Time Warner back in 2000. Smile

Back when anime used to air a movie channels... Sad
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:21 am Reply with quote
Full anime adaptaion with Hayashibara Megumi as the lead. Please, anime gods, make it happen. The shear ammount of badass that this manga contains must be made into anime.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Northlander wrote:

I've already read the entire thing, but would be happy too if it had an official release here in the West...

Now that you mention it, why was DH run of it capped at 8? Low sales?
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:04 am Reply with quote
The article says it has 33.33 million copies in circulation. That is rare that you see a circulation that has the same numbers in the title itself.
Northlander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:15 pm Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
Now that you mention it, why was DH run of it capped at 8? Low sales?

Presumably? Going by the trivia section in the encyclopedia, one manga translator/distributor house had gone bankrupt while releasing it, and then DH picked it up... and didn't do so much better, I'm guessing. Depressingly similar to the story about Aria.

Last edited by Northlander on Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
megazero

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:38 am Reply with quote
Japan is riding the 90's nostalgia bandwagon right now and with that, let the anime gods fulfill the wish of getting a full anime adaptation as soon as possible and Hayashibara-san reprising Pai.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1