• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shoulder-a-Coffin Kuro by Satoko Kiyuduki

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:06 am Reply with quote
Picked up volume one of Shoulder-a-Coffin Kuro by Satoko Kiyuduki in Akihabara last Sunday. I liked the cover art work, what can I say.

So I went looking for fan translations, because I wanted to know the story. But lo and behold, Amazon Kindle was selling the Yen Press (translated) series as a 5 volume bundle. So I bought and downloaded it. I am not one for the presentation (though I like comic books, so it really shouldn't bother me), but it isn't all tiny panels, and there are several color pages mixed in every volume. The zoom feature on the Kindle makes it a lot easier to read those tiny panels too.

The story and plot are engaging enough, the art work is pretty nice, and the characters do grow on you.

I am not going to discuss the story, because it has been mentioned before in the Talk Back sub forum. But the coffin that Kuro carries spoiler[is for her.] Finding out the why of that, and what the story of her companions are is what all makes the story engaging.

Volume 6 came out in February in Japan, so who knows when Yen Press will release it over here. Based off the last Talk Back thread, volume 7 will probably be the last one.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1