• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Seven Seas Licenses Anti-Magic Academy: The 35th Test Platoon Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dark Absol

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:42 am Reply with quote
It sucks that it ended at 16th chapter. :/ There's more story after that.

I'll be getting this when it comes out.
AnimeFlyz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:10 am Reply with quote
Its a shame how Seven Seas gets this series, Yen Press gets the Asterisk War, and yet the far superior series from that season, Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry is left hanging on its own. I wanna own the light novels so bad.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:45 pm Reply with quote
AnimeFlyz wrote:
Its a shame how Seven Seas gets this series, Yen Press gets the Asterisk War, and yet the far superior series from that season, Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry is left hanging on its own. I wanna own the light novels so bad.

As far as the source goes, I think Anti-Magic is the far superior one. The story major picks up right after the anime ended (in the LN, Takeru and Mari get taken back to the magic side after that final anime battle where they find out what is really going on). Not that Rakudai isn't really good, but the first, I think, 8 novels are all just a single tournament (and the build up). That is pretty slow... Asterisk does the same thing, only a bit worse.

For just the anime, I'd agree though. Rakudai's anime was the best by a long shot.
LiteMangime

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:02 pm Reply with quote
AnimeFlyz wrote:
I wanna own the light novels so bad.

I know that feel bro

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/005/393/i-know-that-feel.jpg
zztop

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:23 pm Reply with quote
SilverTalon01 wrote:
Not that Rakudai isn't really good, but the first, I think, 8 novels are all just a single tournament (and the build up). That is pretty slow... Asterisk does the same thing, only a bit worse.

For just the anime, I'd agree though. Rakudai's anime was the best by a long shot.

Rakudai novel reader here.
The 1st 3 novels (which the anime covered) are just buildup to the interschool tournament.
Vols 4 - 9 cover the actual tournament.
Vols 10 and ongoing is a new tournament arc, but with higher stakes involving Stella's homeland. Some characters and ideas from the previous arc are carried over to this one.
LiteMangime

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:47 pm Reply with quote
zztop wrote:

Rakudai novel reader here.
The 1st 3 novels (which the anime covered) are just buildup to the interschool tournament.
Vols 4 - 9 cover the actual tournament.
Vols 10 and ongoing is a new tournament arc, but with higher stakes involving Stella's homeland. Some characters and ideas from the previous arc are carried over to this one.

Where did u read it? Where I read LNs, the farthest I've seen the trans go is up to 6. Please tell me.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:25 pm Reply with quote
LiteMangime wrote:
Where did u read it? Where I read LNs, the farthest I've seen the trans go is up to 6. Please tell me.

You realize that while he said he reads it, he never said he reads it in English right?
LiteMangime

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:52 pm Reply with quote
SilverTalon01 wrote:
You realize that while he said he reads it, he never said he reads it in English right?

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/answers/2770000/2770546_1339010029297.24res_439_367.jpg
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1