• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Mega Man Animated Series to Air on Cartoon Network in 2018 or Later

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epicwizard

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:46 pm Reply with quote
Oh boy. Like every other third party show Cartoon Network's been acquiring, they're definitely gonna treat this like garbage when it comes to airing it. They'll sentence this to early morning hours on Saturdays only.

Quote:
Dentsu Entertainment USA also revealed a new visual for the series, and said that the new series will focus on toys.

"Focus on toys" as in the series will be about toys or will it be a toyetic series?
Freyanne

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:54 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully for the show's sake, it lasts longer than the new Pacman show did.
TheOtakuX

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:56 pm Reply with quote
The new picture looks better than the previous one, but I still don't have high hopes for this show.
Davonepresley

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:09 am Reply with quote
I honesty think they should've just had a new anime made. (Funnily enough the main Director and Series Composer of the old Megaman anime are working on a new kids series.)
smokeyjoey8

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:20 am Reply with quote
Man of Action being involved is having me give this show a chance. Though, as was already mentioned here, CN will likely damn this show to 6 or 7 in the morning like they have with damn near all of their other acquired programming. I guess we'll have to see.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:29 am Reply with quote
Freyanne wrote:
Hopefully for the show's sake, it lasts longer than the new Pacman show did.

Given what happened with Thundercats and Beware The Batman this show will be lucky if it somehow gets renewed early on into it's first season.

epicwizard wrote:
Oh boy. Like every other third party show Cartoon Network's been acquiring, they're definitely gonna treat this like garbage when it comes to airing it. They'll sentence this to early morning hours on Saturdays only.

Not every show they acquired suffered the fate of Yu Yu Hakusho and Gundam Seed.

Those at least finished their runs death and midnight slots be damned as opposed to being outright canceled like Mobile Suit Gundam and randomly having episodes show up on Toonami's New Year's Eve block like 2-3 years later which jumped ahead to the end.
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:41 am Reply with quote
At the very least, please have Scott McNeil voice Dr. Wily again!
Gemnist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:51 am Reply with quote
Yeah, uh, you're gonna need to do more than that to make us forgive you Capcom. You know, start production back up for Mega Man Online? And Mega Man Maverick Hunter? And Mega Man Universe? AND MEGA MAN LEGENDS 3 DAMMIT???????? (Oh, and, forget Mighty No 9 existed while you're at it).
SpaceTheGamer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:57 am Reply with quote
Wait wasn't this supposed to be in 2017 as a part of Megaman's 30th aniversary??? What's the point of having it in 2018!?!??!
I have the show is as good as Sonic Boom, cause that is an example how you do a "reboot" video game cartoon right!
Also just give use the damn sequels we want Capcom. Do Legends 3, X9 or ZX 3 and everyone will be happy
veemonjosh

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:42 am Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
epicwizard wrote:

Not every show they acquired suffered the fate of Yu Yu Hakusho and Gundam Seed.

All the ones they've acquired recently have. Sonic Boom, Transformers Robots in Disguise, Justice League Action, Lego Nexo Knights, all of them have been graced with a single early Saturday morning slot (never any later than 7am), zero advertising, and no reruns. Hell, Sonic Boom was recently shipped off to sister station Boomerang with no warning just a few weeks after its second season started.

That's the fate that awaits this new Mega Man cartoon.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:30 am Reply with quote
veemonjosh wrote:

All the ones they've acquired recently have. Sonic Boom, Transformers Robots in Disguise, Justice League Action, Lego Nexo Knights, all of them have been graced with a single early Saturday morning slot (never any later than 7am), zero advertising, and no reruns. Hell, Sonic Boom was recently shipped off to sister station Boomerang with no warning just a few weeks after its second season started.

That's the fate that awaits this new Mega Man cartoon.

Sonic Boom's been on Boomerang since basically spring or summer of last year and airing at somewhat decent hours.....at least on sundays. And yet it's still a better fate than what's happening to all those other show's you mentioned.

SpaceTheGamer wrote:

Also just give use the damn sequels we want Capcom. Do Legends 3, X9 or ZX 3 and everyone will be happy

The only people who want Dash 3 are the very small group of people who couldn't convince Capcom to make it immediately behind the 2nd or put it on a console. We don't really need a 9th X game though they could stand to make a 2nd Maverick Hunter X, As for ZX people probably cared for that less than Dash.

Gemnist wrote:
Yeah, uh, you're gonna need to do more than that to make us forgive you Capcom. You know, start production back up for Mega Man Online? And Mega Man Maverick Hunter? And Mega Man Universe? AND MEGA MAN LEGENDS 3 DAMMIT???????? (Oh, and, forget Mighty No 9 existed while you're at it).

I don't see them starting Universe or Online back up the former didn't exactly make a good
first impression the 2nd was MMO that Capcom was wise to cancel especially with how much money they probably would've lost on that.
MoonPhase1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:27 am Reply with quote
Probably will suffer the same fate as Tenkai Knights.
TCJJ

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:38 am Reply with quote
So Cartoon Network will treat this like an abusive relationship once again, and we probably won't care because it'll likely be top-tier trash.

I wanted Mega Man back, but not like this.
Dontey Griffith

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:05 am Reply with quote
This new Mega Man show don't have a chance, Teen Titan Go! have told over the network. Man, I don't get why Cartoon Network play Teen Titan Go! so much.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:45 am Reply with quote
So much for trying to watch this new show of Mega Man on the franchise's 30th Anniversary...

Hopefully Cartoon Network will be merciful enough to put New Mega Man on a time slot that isn't 6:00 or 7:00 A.M...But I'm not holding my breath...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2