• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Amazon's Anime Strike Announces Full Spring Lineup, Premiere Dates

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:59 am Reply with quote
Wow, they got a lot of titles from the Season based on that lineup. Only two of them also available on CR.

I wonder if they will keep this momentum for Summer as well.
Not excited about this...

Last edited by Stark700 on Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
FackuIkari

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Rage of Bahamut: Virgin Soul

well f**k!
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:03 pm Reply with quote
And there we have it. They got Recreators and Rage of Bahamut. Bahamut has me surprised. I guess theres gonna be no love lost when taking a sequel away from the original dubbing studio.

Last edited by Lord Vaultman on Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
AsuraTheDestructor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:05 pm Reply with quote
Guess I'll have to use other means to watch most of these, as I can't afford both Crunchyroll and Amazon strike at the same time right now..
Morry

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:09 pm Reply with quote
If there was ever an incentive to pirate.

Sorry, amazon. Love prime but not worth paying extra for anime on top of that. Sticking to crunchy backlog.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:12 pm Reply with quote
Lord Vaultman wrote:
And there we have it. They got Recreators and Rage of Bahamut. Bahamut has me surprised. I guess theres gonna be no love lost when taking a sequel away from the original dubbing studio.

Leaving it for Funimation would have been the fan-oriented thing to do. Unfortunately, Amazon is proving itself to be anything but.

FackuIkari wrote:

well f**k!

Agreed. I liked Genesis, but now it seems I won't get to watch this, and it means that Sentai would need to not only dub it, but be able to get the previous cast members to travel to Houston if it is going to maintain the English cast. I'm not holding my breath on that.
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:15 pm Reply with quote
Ahaha, wow, they actually got Bahamut Season 2! Incoming rage from people in 3, 2, 1.

I feel like this season piracy will reach new peaks.
chito895

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

I'm angry now.
Jonny Mendes

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:24 pm Reply with quote
So Crunchyroll Surpasses Over One Million Paid Subscribers with their system and Amazon is doing everything wrong from a fan perspective with their pay wall (double pay in US) system.
What is wrong with this people? Don't they learn nothing from a good working system?

Last edited by Jonny Mendes on Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:24 pm Reply with quote
I guess Amazon is destroying the R1 industry by picking up 12 of the 30+ titles that are premiering this season. Time for Crunchyroll and Funimation to pack up a go home. Twisted Evil

And I would not be surprised if in the end Funimation still dubs and releases Virgin Soul.
64BitRatchet

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:25 pm Reply with quote
Amazon will have Dive!! and Inuyashiki (From the creator of Gantz) in the Summer and Fall respectively.
TheMorry

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:27 pm Reply with quote
i swear Amazon is the cancer of the anime industry now. A big multinational company invading our "rather small" community really sucks. They do not gave a damn about anime or its fans they only see $$... I really hope they lose money on this.
mgosdin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:27 pm Reply with quote
Here's the thing, as has been pointed out, complaining here is minimally effective. The folks at Sentai have seen these complaints I'm certain, so they know they've made a bad decision but I suspect they had no good options.

Since they are the driving force behind this ( And ultimately the Crunchroll + Funimation partnership. ) you need to contact Amazon if you are a Customer and especially if you are a Prime Member. Please be sober, concise, polite and firm when you contact them. Then, go to your friends and have them, again especially the Prime Members, do the same.

Enough people complain directly to Amazon and it will get attention. They are a business and they really can't afford to ignore customers.

Mark Gosdin
64BitRatchet

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:28 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
I guess Amazon is destroying the R1 industry by picking up 12 of the 30+ titles that are premiering this season. Time for Crunchyroll and Funimation to pack up a go home. Twisted Evil

And I would not be surprised if in the end Funimation still dubs and releases Virgin Soul.

Yeah, Funimation and Crunchyroll acquired the home video rights for Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress, when you can only stream it on Amazon Prime.
SlamMan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:28 pm Reply with quote
On the positive side of things this announcement, judging by the wording "Full Spring Lineup", implies that any shows not yet picked up will go to crunchy or someone who is willing to stream it on crunchy. Amazon's rampage may be done for the spring. As someone who has a show or two that I am still worried about this comes as potential relief. I will admit though that when I saw Amazon Anime Strike I thought another show was lost and had to mentally prepare to read the news.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7