• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Altair: A Record of Battles (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:38 am Reply with quote

Altair: A Record of Battles (TV)

Genres: fantasy, historical, action
Themes: War, politics, world building

Plot Summary: Mahmut is a young member of Türkiye Stratocracy's council who holds the political and military title of Pasha. The council's combination of warmongers and pacifists divide it. The threat of war and danger from the belligerent Empire put Türkiye's safety at risk. As the country's youngest military leader, Mahmut is determined to keep the peace. But with so much at stake, a long history of enemies and alliances draws the young man far into a political world he hopes to keep in check. The Pasha's journey is not easy, and war may prevail despite his efforts.
----------------------------------

Adapted by studio MAPPA, this is the show I'm most excited for this Summer. There's a lot of world building, politics, and characterization.

MAPPA has also done great work with some of their series in recent years so I trust that they can handle this adaptation well. The english version is titled "Altair: A Record of Battles".
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:41 pm Reply with quote
Episode 1:

Good start so far.

The OP song is fitting and they introduced the setting rather well. Plus, I like the animation style so far for this show in particular with the ED theme song.

Tughril Mahmu is an interesting character imo, hopefully this show will focus on his development. (he reminds me slightly of Arslan) It's nice that they show some of his background story already. The most noticeable female character is Shara so far imo.

Otherwise, this was my most anticipated show of the season. As it's a 2 cour, they can adapt plenty of story from here on.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1