• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Licenses Vatican Miracle Examiner, Streams on Anime Strike in U.S.

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:34 pm Reply with quote
Sentai got another anime I was anticipating a lot, I'm very pleased. Amazon = more money was spent on purchasing the rights, which is a really great thing.
Daniel Maister

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:34 pm Reply with quote
Wow Anime hyper Rest in fuc... pepperoni Crunchyroll ! Almost all the shows that i wanted to watch are not there Anime hyper
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:39 pm Reply with quote
Daniel Maister wrote:
Wow Anime hyper Rest in fuc... pepperoni Crunchyroll ! Almost all the shows that i wanted to watch are not there Anime hyper

It is way too early for this doom and gloom attitude. Crunchyroll-Funimation will pick up plenty of good, new shows.
Daniel Maister

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:41 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
Daniel Maister wrote:

It is way to early to have this doom and gloom attitude. Crunchyroll-Funimation will pick up plenty of new shows.

Already Crunchyroll for me they lost the shows i was the most excited for : Welcome To the Ballroom , Fate Apocrypha , . Made in Abyss and most likely Kakegurui plus now this anime ...
hsbeta

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:48 pm Reply with quote
"certain other countries through select digital outlets."

I hope this means they show it on Amazon Prime Video in Germany.
FlowerAiko

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:58 pm Reply with quote
Daniel Maister wrote:
Already Crunchyroll for me they lost the shows i was the most excited for : Welcome To the Ballroom , Fate Apocrypha , . Made in Abyss and most likely Kakegurui plus now this anime ...

Where was it confirmed that CR won't have the new Fate series? It's licensed by AoA, who always simulcasts on CR.

Personally, I'm only upset about Ballroom, nothing Sentai picked up interests me.
traffiktiger

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:04 pm Reply with quote
Has Sentai/Amazon made a Crunchyroll/Funimation type deal? Where Anime Strike streams mainly simulcast subs & a few dubs, Hidive will stream dubs & some subs, & distribution of physical media will be done by Sentai.

These developments are really becoming interesting.
DatRandomDude

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:06 pm Reply with quote
FlowerAiko wrote:
Daniel Maister wrote:

Where was it confirmed that CR won't have the new Fate series? It's licensed by AoA, who always simulcasts on CR.

Personally, I'm only upset about Ballroom, nothing Sentai picked up interests me.

If i remember correctly, Fate/Apocrypha will be on Netflix.
CaRoss

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:06 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad to know that this series was licensed. I may have Amazon Prime now, last season proved necessary for it (Re:Creators, Saekano and Rage of Bahamut made it quite worth it), but that doesn't mean that this is going to be good news for everyone.

So, I'll just express my happiness at it being licensed. I'm personally excited to see what this one is like.

That said, hopefully Crunchyroll and Funimation can start announcing their stuff soon. I'm getting a little nervous about what they're going to be grabbing this season.

FlowerAiko wrote:

Personally, I'm only upset about Ballroom, nothing else Sentai picked up interests me.

I think, in the case of Fate/Apocrypha, it was a case of Aniplex discussing Japanese Netflix streaming of the series, and the clarification that it had not yet been licensed for the rest of the world did not make the same splash that the Netflix exclusivity news initially had.

ANN ran an article on it here: animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-04-15/errata-aniplex-usa-does-not-announce-fate-apocrypha-anime/.114883
Daniel Maister

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:10 pm Reply with quote
@FlowerAiko it was announced like 1 month ago that the series will be on Netflix Japan ... and yeah i bet that is gonna be on Netflix for the rest of the world ! Same it was with Made in Abyss ... it was streaming on Japan on Amazon and now surprise surprise is on Amazon for streaming .. Also there seems to be a rumor that Kakegurui is on Netflix Japan as well so that means its gonna be on Netflix for everyone
FlowerAiko

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:10 pm Reply with quote
@DatRandomDude @CaRoss
Thank you for the clarification!
Raebo101

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:14 pm Reply with quote
I have so much anime to catch up on, I won't have time for Vatican Miracle Examiner anyway!

Sad
Zoneflare

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:15 pm Reply with quote
This keeps up I might be able to cancel Amazon since sagrada reset isn't going to be enough to keep me a member
Peebs

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Oh well. Another anime off my list. There's no way I'm paying Amazon (again) to get to Anime Strike.
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Im so confused. I thought anything Kadokawa (see their teaser trailers it has kadokawa all over it) was exclusive to Crunchyroll sort of like the noitamina deal with Amazon.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3