• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Voltron: The Legendary Defender's 7-Episode Season 3 Premieres August 4, Season 4 in October (

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Monster Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Well I have one good thing and one bad thing about this news. First the good news, the series is getting a fourth season and it premiers in Oct only 2 months after the third season HOORAY! Now for the bad news, the third season is only 7 episodes vs season 1 having 11 and season 2 having 13. What the hell is up with that don't make them shorter.
v1cious

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:26 pm Reply with quote
You can't wait 2 months? Last time it was 6. I'm personally not a fan of how they air this show, but this seems pretty reasonable to me.
Monster Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:29 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
You can't wait 2 months? Last time it was 6. I'm personally not a fan of how they air this show, but this seems pretty reasonable to me.

No my problem is the cut the seasons by almost 50% since the last season.
v1cious

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Monster Hunter wrote:
v1cious wrote:

No my problem is the cut the seasons by almost 50% since the last season.

Ok I see what you're saying now. I don't think the episode counts are changing, I think they're just balancing it out better. Likely they have an order for 23 episodes, but they're just putting them out piecemeal. We'll know for sure based on what happens after season 4. Most likely gets announced for early 2018.
Selipse

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:43 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
Ok I see what you're saying now. I don't think the episode counts are changing, I think they're just balancing it out better. Likely they have an order for 23 episodes, but they're just putting them out piecemeal. We'll know for sure based on what happens after season 4. Most likely gets announced for early 2018.

I have a huge, revolutionary idea that is going to blow Netflix's mind and solve all these problems:

Release one episode every week.
bones2039

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:02 pm Reply with quote
I'm just happy that this series has been pretty darn good so far myself. I haven't liked everything they have done, mainly the removal so far of Sven, but for the most part it's been a very well done and entertaining redo of a childhood classic of mine.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:44 pm Reply with quote
Oh yeah! More Voltron FTW! Very Happy
ReifuTD

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:09 pm Reply with quote
Selipse wrote:
v1cious wrote:

I have a huge, revolutionary idea that is going to blow Netflix's mind and solve all these problems:

Release one episode every week.

Well at with how they splitting seasons 3 and 4 it we are getting about 6 episode about 3 months apart. What I find acceptable for streaming, I like seeing breaks because it gives people cool down time to discuss theories and mysteries if any and keeps the hype. Regular content over time is better then having to wait a year.
bones2039

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:44 pm Reply with quote
Netflix believes in bingeing at this point. It hard to argue it hasn't worked for them.
zawa113

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:04 pm Reply with quote
Sweet! Not long to wait for some more Voltron goodness!

Gotta say, Netflix and Dreamworks has really put out some good stuff lately, I also desperately need my season 2 of Trollhunters (if any of you haven't seen that, you really should). They've also put out some junk, of course, but between Voltron and Trollhunters, it more than makes up for it (and unlike certain channels which binge air Teen Titans Go instead of other, far better shows, at least with Netflix, you can just ignore what you don't like)
encrypted12345

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:50 pm Reply with quote
Many shows are better binge watched, and something with a blatant overarching plot like Voltron is one of those shows. I just don't like being forced to wait for episodes when it's easily possible to get it sooner. If I really wanted to bingewatch, I would wait patiently.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1