• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Citrus Anime's 1st Promo Video Reveals Staff, More Cast, January Premiere

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Random Name

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:43 am Reply with quote
This isn't more NTR crap is it? If not this may be interesting.
CatSword

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:51 am Reply with quote
I was not expecting the director of Spice and Wolf and the script writer for Flip Flappers on this. Looks like this may be an interesting surprise next season.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
AnimeFlyz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:22 am Reply with quote
Quote:

Absolutely not. NTR is utter borderline rape trash. Citrus is pure vanilla to the point that you may get Diabetes.
HoboSoup

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:26 am Reply with quote
I'm honestly very excited for this, I might be one of the only people that is but oh well. I enjoy the manga, the adaptation looks good so far. It's nice to get a rare yuri anime that spoiler[focuses on dating and one where the characters are actually in a relationship]. Not sure if that's a spoiler since the summary is vague, but thought I'd play it safe.

Random Name wrote:

No it's not like NTR Trap if that's what you're asking. The scene in the trailer with the guy is a very brief thing, but I can see why it might give you the wrong impression after NTR Trap left a bad taste in your mouth, however I think you should give it a fair chance and room to progress, I'm someone that strongly dislikes NTR Trap but I personally enjoy Citrus.

Edit: So I'll expand on the scene with the guy in the trailer. Spoiler warning!
spoiler[So as you see in the trailer clip here there's a scene where a guy is about to kiss one of the girls, this is at the very start of the series when the girls first meet and it's just a brief moment that's apart of the setup that leads to our girls kissing and their relationship. The guy is not a recurring character so don't worry, the main focus of the series is progressing the main couple's relationship and there's no NTR.]

CatSword wrote:
I was not expecting the director of Spice and Wolf and the script writer for Flip Flappers on this. Looks like this may be an interesting surprise next season.

Ya I was also surprised at both of them being on the staff, I'm excited to have them working on this. Also the source material is a yuri romance and drama, if that's not your cup of tea you probably won't enjoy this? But if that's something you might like then this could be the anime for you.

Last edited by HoboSoup on Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:02 am; edited 2 times in total
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:32 am Reply with quote
Finally one of my most anticipated Anime series gets a premiere date and it's sooner than I expected. Very Happy
Random Name

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:43 am Reply with quote
AnimeFlyz wrote:
Quote:

Absolutely not. NTR is utter borderline rape trash. Citrus is pure vanilla to the point that you may get Diabetes.
Oh good. I have not read any of the source so when they showed the scene with the guy I started getting nervous. Since that is the case Ill definitely give it a shot and probably pick up some of the source material before it airs.
HoboSoup

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:51 am Reply with quote
Random Name wrote:
AnimeFlyz wrote:
Quote:

Oh good. I have not read any of the source so when they showed the scene with the guy I started getting nervous. Since that is the case Ill definitely give it a shot and probably pick up some of the source material before it airs.

I edited my previous response to you so it includes an explanation with some Spoilers of that scene with the guy. However if you don't want spoilers don't read it, just know it's not something to worry about.

Last edited by HoboSoup on Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Animepokegirl89

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:51 am Reply with quote
Random Name wrote:

Yeah. You're safe with Citrus. No NTR. I own all 6 volumes of the Manga currently released in the US. It's my favorite Manga.
Yuri Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:59 am Reply with quote
Dat Kubo Yurika voice. ♡

January, huh? That's earlier than expected! Which is great.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:06 am Reply with quote
I wonder someone will do a comparison chart on how many Marimite character lookalikes appeared in Citrus. Laughing

CatSword wrote:

The director is no stranger in doing ecchi stuff so it'll be interesting to see him apply some of that in Citrus in a more shoujo flavor. I just hope the animation from Passione doesn't flat out collapse during its run.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:11 am Reply with quote
Citrus is as fan pandering as NTR is.
GlassesMan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:54 am Reply with quote
Quote:

I'd disagree. Citrus is hardly as bad. They are stepsisters, so that might be squicky for some people, but from what I read, it's your standard yuri romance drama. Doesn't do anything unique, but it can be sweet.
hikura

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:58 am Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:

I disagree on your opinion. Citrus is a lot better than NTR. Citrus storyline is a lot better.
encrypted12345

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:41 am Reply with quote
Time for political incorrectness! A straight person turning gay after being molested by her stepsister? How could that be?

TsukasaElkKite wrote:

I honestly agree even if Citrus is significantly better. If you can't get into shoujo melodrama, you probably won't like Citrus. At least shoujo melodrama is usually better than josei melodrama...
Animepokegirl89

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:55 am Reply with quote
As for what I actually have to say, the designs look a little off, but I'm hyped for it! It will air during my birth month. I hope it will air on Wednesday's! :3
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2