• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fate/Extra Last Encore Anime to Premiere on January 27

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:35 pm Reply with quote
Huh. Bit of a late premiere. Though given Shaft is also working on March's second season, a some extra time will probably be appreciated.
SpaceTheGamer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:40 pm Reply with quote
[UMU INTESIFIES]
brynhild

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:42 pm Reply with quote
That's a late premiere. wonder if it's only gonna be 11 episodes or something.
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:02 pm Reply with quote
What does one need to be familiar with to watch this? I’ve read FSN and seen Zero. Is it like Apocrypha (which I haven’t seen yet) where anyone can get into it?
CaRoss

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:19 pm Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:
What does one need to be familiar with to watch this? I’ve read FSN and seen Zero. Is it like Apocrypha (which I haven’t seen yet) where anyone can get into it?

If you've been through Stay Night, there will be no issues here. Much like Apocrypha, Extra is an alternate timeline with a much different Holy Grail War.

In this case, it's a lot more mystical sci-fi in nature than what Apocrypha is with its massive cast. I think it would be safer to jump into than Apocrypha without any prior knowledge on the series though since there are a lot of differences to the rules as we understand them.
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:02 pm Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:

What you need to know is that the Holy Grail War in Extra has far more participants, but the Servants still fall into the seven classes category (almost all of them). After all qualified Masters have been determined, all Master-Servant pairs have to duel another pair within a week. The opponent is predetermined and the Masters have about six days to prepare themselves for the upcoming battle by gathering information about the opposing Servant. By that format, the number of participants halves each week.

I don't know if the anime will keep that format, depending on the number of episodes.

Plot-wise, it's independent from the other Fate media. There are characters based on stay night characters, such as Rin, Kotomine, Shinji, Sakura, Taiga, Cú Chulain, Gilgamesh and EMIYA. The EMIYA-lookalike and Gilgamesh however might possibly not appear, since they're two of the Servants the player could choose. Once you've chosen a Servant, the other optional Servants do not appear in the story.
SpaceTheGamer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:19 pm Reply with quote
MajinAkuma wrote:

I don't know if the anime will keep that format, depending on the number of episodes.

Plot-wise, it's independent from the other Fate media. There are characters based on stay night characters, such as Rin, Kotomine, Shinji, Sakura, Taiga, Cú Chulain, Gilgamesh and EMIYA. The EMIYA-lookalike and Gilgamesh however might possibly not appear, since they're two of the Servants the player could choose. Once you've chosen a Servant, the other optional Servants do not appear in the story.

A little correction. Rin and Shinji in Extra are different people from their counterparts in FSN, they have similiar appearances and the same names but the FSN versions of them still exist in Extra world and are seperate from them (I know it's a little confusing but both the Tohsaka family and Matou family decided to name two of their decendants Rin and Shinji rspectevily for......reasons, no seriously)
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:37 pm Reply with quote
SpaceTheGamer wrote:

A little correction. Rin and Shinji in Extra are different people from their counterparts in FSN, they have similiar appearances and the same names but the FSN versions of them still exist in Extra world and are seperate from them (I know it's a little confusing but both the Tohsaka family and Matou family decided to name two of their decendants Rin and Shinji rspectevily for......reasons, no seriously)

That's why I said "based on". I've never said they were literally the same people.
HappyMN

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Two arcs will broadcast differently:
"Oburidus" Copernican theory starting January 27 24:00 (Sundays 0:00 a.m.) on Tokyo MX, Gunma TV, Tochigi TV, BS11, followed by MBS (TV Boadcast)
"Irusuterias" Ptolemaic theory broadcast info. coming soon (Special Broadcast)
https://twitter.com/FateEXTRA_LE/status/936980811651235841
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:27 pm Reply with quote
HappyMN wrote:
"Oburidus" Copernican theory starting January 27 24:00 (Sundays 0:00 a.m.) on Tokyo MX, Gunma TV, Tochigi TV, BS11, followed by MBS (TV Boadcast)

I see. I'm not sure I like what I've seen so far, but I think this at least indicates that SHAFT certainly knows what they're doing. I really like the opening move they've made for the Fate/Extra CCC game. I hope SHAFT somehow manages to combine their signature visual motifs with decent storytelling.
Derpinat0rz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:12 pm Reply with quote
HappyMN wrote:

hmm... so a split cour fate like ufotable does. i'm in.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:27 am Reply with quote
Since everything Fate is getting adapted, I want more Grand/Order with the one and true Busty King Arthur.
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:33 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Since everything Fate is getting adapted, I want more Grand/Order with the one and true Busty King Arthur.

Even though she's not a Saber anymore at that point.^^
KH91

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:09 pm Reply with quote
Wow. I'm surprised at the late airing. I wonder what why that happened.

With that said...I agree that I wawalw6pK4Alo. I want the true big oppai King.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1