• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bleach Live-Action Film's Teaser Shows Ichigo's 1st Hollow Battle

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mhora

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:39 pm Reply with quote
That actor portraying Ichigo lacks the "sit-on-my-face" factor. Ichigo in the anime was so hot, at least when I was younger. Hah.
xchampion

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:55 pm Reply with quote
This looks about as good as a live-action bleach movie could look. I hope it's Rurouni Kenshin live-action good. I'd accept Tokyo Ghoul or Blade of the Immortal quality good. I just hope it not Attack On Titan bad.
luis.couto.56

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:16 pm Reply with quote
THis gonna be great, the best live action of anime is coming Cool
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:30 pm Reply with quote
xchampion wrote:
This looks about as good as a live-action bleach movie could look. I hope it's Rurouni Kenshin live-action good. I'd accept Tokyo Ghoul or Blade of the Immortal quality good. I just hope it not Attack On Titan bad.

Or from what I'm hearing recently, "Fullmetal Alchemist" bad.

Hopefully, if this does well, fans will finally have the final arc adapted, provided that Pierrot doesn't throw in two years worth of filler.
Eddy564

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:38 pm Reply with quote
Animeking1108 wrote:
xchampion wrote:

Hopefully, if this does well, fans will finally have the final arc adapted, provided that Pierrot doesn't throw in two years worth of filler.
I may be in the minority but I don’t mind if Bleach’s final arc never gets animated due to how God awful it ended up being. Not even animation can fix that train wreck.
KH91

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:53 pm Reply with quote
All this trailer did was remind me if they will play Number one.
danpmss

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:17 pm Reply with quote
Eddy564 wrote:
Animeking1108 wrote:
xchampion wrote:

I may be in the minority but I don’t mind if Bleach’s final arc never gets animated due to how God awful it ended up being. Not even animation can fix that train wreck.

Kubo's original storyboard for that arc without Jump's interception could actually save it (given that most of the pacing issues since the Arrancar arc was from their part, according to Kubo himself in a tankobon; that arc for example should have been less than the half of what it was in lenght). Shit was cut short during a glacial paced portion, and had one garbage obviously rushed ending.

Bleach deserves better, like, at least a anime following the author's vision. Kubo is big in the manga industry, he should have at least that much after what happened (last volume was so badly received it took quite a bit to reach the usual 500.000+ copies).
Dian Z

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:42 am Reply with quote
I find the actor playing Ichigo looks like a chuuni or is cosplaying, sorry. Making his apperance overcast by the shadow both in the visual and the footage certainly didn't help.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:41 am Reply with quote
Eddy564 wrote:
Animeking1108 wrote:
xchampion wrote:

You'll be surprised; when Pierrot wants to get serious, they get serious. Just try to remember Naruto vs. Sasuke from 2016.
HueyLion

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:48 am Reply with quote
luis.couto.56 wrote:
THis gonna be great, the best live action of anime is coming Cool

nah it will take a lot to be ruroni kenshin movies..
MasterKingJC

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:33 am Reply with quote
danpmss wrote:
Eddy564 wrote:
Animeking1108 wrote:
xchampion wrote:

Kubo's original storyboard for that arc without Jump's interception could actually save it (given that most of the pacing issues since the Arrancar arc was from their part, according to Kubo himself in a tankobon; that arc for example should have been less than the half of what it was in lenght). Shit was cut short during a glacial paced portion, and had one garbage obviously rushed ending.

Bleach deserves better, like, at least a anime following the author's vision. Kubo is big in the manga industry, he should have at least that much after what happened (last volume was so badly received it took quite a bit to reach the usual 500.000+ copies).

People still believe this? Kubo has gone on the record stating that he ended Bleach the way he wanted to. That was his "vision".
Don't blame Jump. Don't blame the editors. Blame Kubo if you're dissatisfied with the conclusion.
Forelune

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:58 am Reply with quote
I love bleach but the way they designed ichigos sword looks really weird
KAIZOKU MUGIWARA NO LUFFY

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:30 am Reply with quote
LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS MOVIE HOPE WE CAN GET THE LAST ARC ANIMATED!!!!!!!!!!
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:52 pm Reply with quote
MasterKingJC wrote:

People still believe this? Kubo has gone on the record stating that he ended Bleach the way he wanted to. That was his "vision".
Don't blame Jump. Don't blame the editors. Blame Kubo if you're dissatisfied with the conclusion.

Bleach fans seem to live in an eternal contradiction because they'll defend Kubo with teeth and claw and claim everything that went wrong with the series was Jump's fault, but then immediately claim the series was not rushed or canceled and that Kubo ended it the way he wanted
Feli1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:52 pm Reply with quote
wow this looks pretty bad lol it feels more like a fan project more than anything
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2